No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Hill Country Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched 14 bucks feed on my hand corn this evening and not one went inside the feeder pen. Passed on this guy named potential who needs one more year.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh my goodness Hoghunter!! Heck of a buck!

Comment

Well, I had some nice sits this opening weekend. I saw 10+ deer each hunt at my feeders. Lots of nice up and coming younger bucks. We have acorns, but it isn't horrible. I was able to make a stalk on some Blackbuck Doe and luckily the cows helped me get to 42 yards. Was able to get an arrow in her, and she piled up about 40 yards away. Got lots of work down and even watched some football. Great opening weekend and can't wait to get some of my older bucks on camera or in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
          Oh my goodness Hoghunter!! Heck of a buck!
          This is my target buck named Bob for this year. Another lease member is after him too and he splits his time 50/50 at our stands so we shall see how the season works out. Just being back in the deer stand was an awesome feeking, exciting start for sure!

Comment

Some good looking deer guys. Who all is headed out this weekend?

Comment

Bob is a NICE deer. Good luck getting him.

We're headed down to the lease tomorrow. Hoping for a bloody arrow.

Comment

Be on the road tomorrow to San Saba. Got a new bow. Gotta make something leak hopefully!

Comment

Thank you, he's always I've between my pasture and my buddies so it's a 50/50 shot at getting him but he has been to my stand most mornings.

Comment

We were at our place in San Saba this weekend. It is lush & green. Looks like a rainy early spring. Been a month since we were there. Really slowed down on the protein & waterers. Still had deer come in at every sit, but they don't stay & clean up the corn. Eat some & then start browsing on green. I checked every area around our feeders & saw no acorns on the trees or ground. Talking to a guy in town ,he said some areas have acorns & some don't. Getting rain now & hope it continues. Love seeing the place look like this. Didn't release on anything, had 1 really nice wide 8 ,but he is about 4. Was hoping the hogs would show,but they didn't. Be back up this coming weekend & looks like it might be cool.

Comment

Had a couple of sits this weekend. Friday I didn’t have a deer hit my feeder, which is the first time that’s ever happened. Just too hot and too much green. Saturday morning was more the norm with 15 or so deer, mostly does and fawns but a couple of young bucks and this guy:

My pop up location 22 yards to feeder:

I just set it Friday around 1, so that may have contributed to the lack of deer, but I think it was more the heat as there were plenty the next morning.

Saw a nice bobcat at a distance:

And the tank filled way back up. This is close to 20 feet deep when full and was bone dry before the September rains.

No blood, but a good weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The place and animals are looking good BBS!

Comment

The evenings are where it's at lately. I saw my target buck, Bob, last night but he would not come to the hand corn out in front of me. I saw over 20 different bucks and a few does. My other lease member also saw Bob yesterday morning but couldn't get a shot. He is down there for 2 weeks so I'm hoping Bob will still be alive by next weekend.

Comment

^ super nice one there. Your lease mate has the upper hand I am sorry to say.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                              ^ super nice one there. Your lease mate has the upper hand I am sorry to say.
                              Thank you sir, yes he does but only time will tell. He primarily lives in my section but it's only a matter of time when he slips up.

Comment

Friday night he followed his routine and gave me a quartering away shot at 22 yards!

Comment

Working...
                                X