No announcement yet.

Another Snake ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy killed this snake Saturday in Arkansas(just south of Ouachita NF). He was walking to the stand around 3pm and he said he never saw the snake until it struck at him. Luckily it was to short on the strike and missed him. He said he jumped back and shot it, and hurried on to his stand. He didn't take a picture of it at that moment. He texted me and said I just shot a snake and probably ruined his hunt. He didn't know for sure but thought it might have been a rat snake.

He sat in the same stand Sunday morning and went back and found the snake after the hunt and took the picture. When I saw the picture I thought it looked like a cottonmouth but wasn't positive. When I said that to him he said he remembered seeing white when the snake struck at him. He didn't examine the snakes mouth or his *** when he took the picture because he was still under the impression it was a rat snake.

Comment

No doubt that is a moccasin. The body shape/markings are enough to identify it, plus the eye has an elongated pupil and there is indeed a pit right in front of the eye you can see. Also likely a juvenile as the body coloration is indicative of a young snake... To me, one of the prettiest snakes there is when they're young...

Your buddy dun gooood!

Comment

Mature cottonmouth from Rocky’s yard
        Attached Files

Comment

Cute little baby cottonmouth from Rocky’s yard
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Like I said, my place is infested with cottonmouths.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Love the pattern on him/her. A beautiful snake

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                Like I said, my place is infested with cottonmouths.

Teach all those green trashfish in the lake to eat em!!![emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X