Brushing in Krivoman Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I purchased one of the Krivoman blinds recently, put it near one of my feeders and brushed it in slightly. Ever since deer sightings have dropped significantly, in several of the pictures I’ve gotten the deer are staring directly at the blind and normally don’t stick around very long. Having been out a full month already, I figured the deer would be used to it by now. I’m interested to see how you guys have brushed your blinds in or if you’ve brushed them in at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have mine under a tree. No brushing it in. Deer get use to it.

Comment

I would say the rains and lush green range conditions probably have more with feeder sightings being down than the blind.

My blind has been there since 2009 and I have been noticing the same thing over the last few weeks after the good rains came. I was seeing 12-15 deer on the Covert at one time. Now I see 2-4..

Comment

I agree with Smart. There may be a little reluctance for the deer at first, but they adapt pretty quickly in most cases. Brushing in is more for concealment while you are in the blind really.

Comment

you can do a couple of things.

1. get some military mesh and wrap the blind in it. Use some short staples and a staple gun to secure it place.

2. get some welded wire and secure it to the blind then cut a bunch of brush and zip tie to the welded wire.

Comment

Mine stick out like a sore thumb and the deer don't give it a second thought.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              I would say the rains and lush green range conditions probably have more with feeder sightings being down than the blind.

My blind has been there since 2009 and I have been noticing the same thing over the last few weeks after the good rains came. I was seeing 12-15 deer on the Covert at one time. Now I see 2-4..

This^^^^^^

That ^^^^^^ is as brushed in as mine get. That blind is 13yds from my feeder, and I regularly have deer between the feeder and the blind. And the reason I set them under a tree is not for concealment, but rather for shade!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Last edited by Bisch; 09-20-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

^^^ that’s about how my blind is brushed in..

Could very well be that it’s more green than normal out there.

I’m still getting pictures like this though

I

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                  Mine stick out like a sore thumb and the deer don't give it a second thought.
                  Just a bunch of doe there anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    I have mine under a tree. No brushing it in. Deer get use to it.
                    ditto

Comment

For the first few months my blind was out, the deer would always stare at it a bit when they came into the feeder. After a while it just became part of the landscape I guess because they don’t even look at it anymore. I put it under some trees for the shade but it is certainly not hidden

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                        ^^^ that’s about how my blind is brushed in..

Could very well be that it’s more green than normal out there.

I’m still getting pictures like this though

I

Probably have deer sleeping in front of your Krivoman blind they are looking at..

I do thinks it funny when folks brush in their blinds but leave their manmade items like giant feeders (corn, protein, alfalfa, rice bran, etc), game cams, water totes etc, standing out in the open....like the deer can distinguish.....
                        Last edited by Smart; 09-20-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

All of mine are fully exposed, no problems. The deer become use to them. They do look to see if the windows are open now though.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                            Just a bunch of doe there anyway!
                            I'll take it! Come on, RUT!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Probably have deer sleeping in front of your Krivoman blind they are looking at..

I do thinks its funny when folks brush in their blinds but leave their manmade items like giant feeders (corn, protein, alfalfa, rice bran, etc), game cams, water totes etc, standing out in the open....like the deer can distinguish.....

Lol, good point!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X