Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxBowtech02 View Post
    The hogs have been at the feeder from 5pm to 1am the last two days in a row! But I'm going to set the morning feeder to 10 seconds as the hogs are only coming in the evening.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    I guess your spot is in the deep wood or very close. Hogs may be bedding closely. So, they can be your feeder this earlier and fearless. Hogs will clean the ground so there will be no deer to come after. Like other said, be prepare to shoot a hog in the opening afternoon. Then, they will learn the lesson for a while.

Comment

I'm actually in a opening thats beside a huge open field! There isn't much woods around me that s the crazy part! But I'm prepared to shoot one opening day if need be! Can't beat some bacon lol
      Originally posted by cy100 View Post
      I guess your spot is in the deep wood or very close. Hogs may be bedding closely. So, they can be your feeder this earlier and fearless. Hogs will clean the ground so there will be no deer to come after. Like other said, be prepare to shoot a hog in the opening afternoon. Then, they will learn the lesson for a while.

Comment

Few years ago, I had a setup that both deer and hog came in the morning. It was the opening day, so no hunting pressure. Deer showed up first right after feeder went off. I shot a nice 8 points. That pushed other deer to run away. About 10 minutes later, but it was still before sunrise, a group of hogs came. I shot one for sure. Then, hogs ran away. After sun fully raised, 2 does came back. There were still plenty of corns on the ground, since neither buck nor hogs had enough time to clean it up. (I didn't shoot the doe).
        This story tells me that deer and hog would come to the same kitchen, but they don't eat at the same table .

Comment

I'm actually in a opening thats beside a huge open field! There isn't much woods around me that s the crazy part! But I'm prepared to shoot one opening day if need be! Can't beat some bacon lol

Hmm, this is weird. It is a group of pigs or a solo boar? Never see a group of hogs come to open field this early. They may be very hungry due to drought.

Comment

Group!

Comment

My problem is deer still haven't found the feeder. Just pigs.

Comment

Dove season starts this weeknd so I'm hoping none of them **** with my stuff. Any one seeing anything good yet?

Comment

Dove season starts this weeknd so I'm hoping none of them **** with my stuff. Any one seeing anything good yet?

I sure hope some dove hunter breaks the rules and shoots 6-7 of the raccoons that are under my feeder.

I am going to put my varmint zapper back on the feeder for a couple weeks to see if I can scare them away. (It worked for me last year.)

Comment

I don't even have coons or dove. There were some buzzards that were eating my block lol. But it's just the pigs lol

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                      I sure hope some dove hunter breaks the rules and shoots 6-7 of the raccoons that are under my feeder.

I am going to put my varmint zapper back on the feeder for a couple weeks to see if I can scare them away. (It worked for me last year.)
                      Show my coons the way to your feeder I have pictures of deer walking around my feeder and never touching it.

Comment

After looking into people crossing our fence line, I have found that google maps is inaccurate. It shows sawyer park all the way to our west fence line. This is completely inaccurate and we have posted more signs hopefully to help people know. Please make sure to check the maps that are given out by the corp. not google maps.

Comment

The outer green is boundary, the other is the hike trail. Hope this helps.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pics from yesterday from loading feeder and checking game cam.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Bacon!!!

Comment

Shot in the dark.

Does this feeder belong to anyone on the GS?

Shoot me a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X