• Show
Clear All

Thanks for the updates. Area 8 sure looks different

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Twin Buttes Clean-up

All,

We are holding a clean-up on Saturday, August 4th from 9 AM to 1 PM at Twin Buttes Reservoir.

Brandon Pilcik contacted me late last month and wanted to tackle this project before the hunting season started, and I'm never gonna' turn down a volunteer clean-up so we're rolling with it. We know this is short notice but if you are able to pitch in even for an hour we'd greatly appreciate the help.

Several various groups are turning out and we'd love to get more hunter involvement. Currently, Ducks Unlimited and Backcountry Hunters and Anglers have committed to sending out some members. Our friends from the San Angelo Dirt Riders Association, Misfit Jeepers, and the Off Road Coalition have pledged to help out as well.

We will meet at two separate locations at 8:30 AM:

North side of the North Pool by boat ramp (area 7)
        South side of the North Pool by EQ Channel

There will be dumpsters and cleaning supplies at both locations. The plan is to meet at the 2 locations simultaneously and get to work by 9.

The Dirt Riders will be cooking a lunch to be ready when we wrap things up at the Area 7 Dumpster location.

The following groups will meet at the two separate locations first thing in the morning.

Meet at North side…
        Dirt riders
        Off Road Coalition
        Jeep Club

Meet at South side…
        Ducks Unlimited
        Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
        AFB Volunteers

Matt Hodges (Owner of West Texas Off Road) has pledged $100 to donate towards food. Brandon filled out and dropped off a community involvement donation request form at HEB in San Angelo yesterday, asking for a reduced rate on enough burgers, buns and cheese slices to feed 100 people, in addition to some HEB branded “swag”. He'll make contact by the end of the week if I haven’t heard back by then. Luke Jones from Mitchell Buick said he would make a contribution as well.

We'll also going to try to get the word out via local media (TV/Radio) and some outdoors/hunting related social media.

I want to extend a very sincere thanks to Brandon Pilcik for undertaking this clean-up. He, along with our off road groups and all the volunteers, make this project all the more meaningful. Thank you all in advance!

Respectfully,

Jason Huebner
        Captain Game Warden

Comment

Man I really wish I could go out there and help but I have work from 8-12:30 on Saturday and won’t be able to make it till 1 at the earliest. But I do my part just about any time I’m out there and pick up some trash. Specially during dove season I’ll pick up 100s and 100s of empty shotgun shells each trip. It still bugs me that there is so many dove hunters out there that just don’t care and will leave their empties

Comment

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers is the voice for our wild public lands, waters and wildlife.

Pretty cool

Comment

Has there been any change to the bag limit on deer on TBR?

Comment

Trying to upload pic

Comment

I can’t seem to post pics but took a younger buck last season and took a good Tom during spring season. Saw a bunch of turkey all year but never got a shot till spring. Love TBR.

Comment

Anybody know of somebody that might be interested in some really old duck decoys. I’m talking at least 40 years old?

Comment

Someone was in the river bottom of Area 5 within the past 7 days Besides me... looked like maybe a size 8-9.5 boot print.... got a cool picture and some pointers for you if you pm me and plan on doing some hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howhandi View Post
                        Has there been any change to the bag limit on deer on TBR?
                        Bag limit is 1 buck and 1 doe, all seasons combined.

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                          Someone was in the river bottom of Area 5 within the past 7 days Besides me... looked like maybe a size 8-9.5 boot print.... got a cool picture and some pointers for you if you pm me and plan on doing some hunting.

Curious of this cool pic.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

1 and 1 is the limit from last year. Wondering if it will change this year.

Comment

Where are said sunflower fields? I drove into area 6 off Boys Ranch Rd last weekend. brush is pretty thick out there. Maybe didn't go far enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddcaster View Post
                                Where are said sunflower fields? I drove into area 6 off Boys Ranch Rd last weekend. brush is pretty thick out there. Maybe didn't go far enough.

Ya have to find em. Area 4 use to have em all of the time

Comment

Working...
                                X