No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m still doing physical therapy 3X/week. Hoping to finally get back to the gym tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      I’m still doing physical therapy 3X/week. Hoping to finally get back to the gym tomorrow.
      Keep at it and if you train it, it’ll strengthen.

Cleans
      BB Rows
      Lat pull downs
      Close grip cable rows
      DB Pull overs
      Sauna
      Abs

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
        Keep at it and if you train it, it’ll strengthen.

Cleans
        BB Rows
        Lat pull downs
        Close grip cable rows
        DB Pull overs
        Sauna
        Abs
        I’m gonna train the crap out of it! Just as soon as I get the ok from the ortho. I made the gym this morning and another guy was doing nothing but legs. Squats, deadlifts .... I was jealous.

I knocked out chest and biceps. Kept the weight on the light side and high reps.

Flat bench
        Reverse grip bench on smith machine
        Incline dumbbell fly
        Barbell curl
        Incline dumbbell curl
        Overhead cable curls
        Z-bar curl
        Preacher curl

I can’t wait for Monday. Back and triceps.

Comment

Officially moved to Houston now and signed up yesterday for 24hour fitness since there are 3 gyms within 20 mins when there’s no traffic.
          Closest one is pretty outdated and some sketchy looking folks but the further two are nice.

Haven’t missed a day since my last post and still doing lower rep/heavier weight pyramid sets

Yesterday was chest and cardio, today was back and cardio, tomorrow is arms and abs

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            Officially moved to Houston now and signed up yesterday for 24hour fitness since there are 3 gyms within 20 mins when there’s no traffic.
            Closest one is pretty outdated and some sketchy looking folks but the further two are nice.

Haven’t missed a day since my last post and still doing lower rep/heavier weight pyramid sets

Yesterday was chest and cardio, today was back and cardio, tomorrow is arms and abs
            Where at in Houston?

Comment

Where at in Houston?
              Just south of Bellaire in the Meyerland area

Comment

Welcome the the rat race. Lol

Comment

Filling feeders and supersets of 12 oz beer and 8 oz burgers.

Cardio is running to the smoker to adjust temp on pork butt

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Filling feeders and supersets of 12 oz beer and 8 oz burgers.

Cardio is running to the smoker to adjust temp on pork butt
                    Are you taking up CrossFit with all that back and forth stuff? Lol

Comment

Are you taking up CrossFit with all that back and forth stuff? Lol
                      I tried to finish the workout but passed out from....something.

Back to the gym in the morning.

Comment

Good legs and abs day.

Comment

I guess a higher populated city equals a higher populated gym lol
                          Crap tons of people here at 530am

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            I guess a higher populated city equals a higher populated gym lol
                            Crap tons of people here at 530am
                            I usually deal with four or five people at that time of morning at my little Anytime Fitness. And usually three of those are women on the treadmill. It was a lot busier in the evenings.

Comment

Second day back in the gym and it feels good to be back. No lower body stuff yet until I can meet with the ortho again in August.

Back and triceps today. Keeping it relatively light with high reps to keep from getting too sore.

Lat pulldowns
                              Low rows
                              Overhead rope extensions
                              Skull crushers

I spent more time talking to the morning gym rats about my surgery than I planned. Back at it again tomorrow.

Comment

Glad you are back at it Sabre, at least to some extent.

Well I just suck. I have been traveling and doing out of town fun stuff for the better part of 2.5 months which means not as much gym time and eating poorly. Prior to that, I had intentionally bulked up by about 5 lbs to increase my strength. Today I stepped on the scale for the first time in a long time(I normally step on a scale everyday) and see another 5 lbs has magically added itself to my body. I havent weighed this much in 6-7 years maybe longer. I saw a picture of myself last week from my swordfishing trip and thought I looked a little heavier but discounted it, lol. So easy to lie to myself. It is amazing how hard it is to get fat off and how easy it piles on, smdh.

Oh well, back at it today with some fat burning cardio....2000m row, 2 miles of intervals on the treadmill and 2000m row. Finished with some leg and upper body stretches. Next week is my knee surgery so hopefully I can get 1-2 lbs off before then. Diet will have to be king after that until I can get back after it full bore. Going to mow the yard now....that should count for something!

Comment

Working...
                                X