Spray in bedliner paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray in bedliner paint job

I have a 1995 Toyota Tacoma and thinking about a bedliner paint job for the entire truck.
    Any recommendations? Do it yourself? Pros and cons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

You will regret it.
    It will.fade and look like a ****
    No one is going to want to buy it if you ever want to sell it

Comment

I had my jeep done in Linex. No fading and I'm constantly being stopped and asked about it. That said there is a significant difference in cost and quality from high end and do it yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

LineX is one of the best. They offer a UV protectant that will keep it from fading.
        However...It will be expensive to do a truck. A friend of mine paid $4000.00 to have a Jeep done.

There are several different brands out there for the DIYer if you want to save some money. Just know that prep is the key. If you don't sand it down good, it will peel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          LineX is one of the best. They offer a UV protectant that will keep it from fading.
          However...It will be expensive to do a truck. A friend of mine paid $4000.00 to have a Jeep done.

There are several different brands out there for the DIYer if you want to save some money. Just know that prep is the key. If you don't sand it down good, it will peel.
          That was cheap. Mine was more than that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've done several bumpers, brushguards and fender flares with this. Great results. It's not rubberized like the normal bedliner. It's almost like a super think textured paint. It has a satin finish and does not fade or collect dirt.

Surface prep is key. Cover yourself completely if you spray it.....you'll have to wear it off if you get it on your skin.

$200 max and you are done for that truck .....thats 4 coats!
            Last edited by Traildust; 05-18-2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

My friend did his truck in raptor liner several years ago and it still looks great. His was blue not black though.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                You will regret it.
                It will.fade and look like a ****
                No one is going to want to buy it if you ever want to sell it
                It's a Toyota.....it can be 38 years old, have 400K miles and still sell for $10K.......those followers are almost as bad as the 7.3 groupies!

Comment

As others have said, no way in hell would I ever do that myself. I did the bed of my truck myself and fully prepped at the body shop I worked at and it started fading about after a year and now it looks like complete crap about 5 years later

Comment

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. If I do go that route I will certainly have a pro do it.
                    I am also considering a camo wrap. My graphics guy is going to look at it and let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
                      Thanks everyone for your thoughts. If I do go that route I will certainly have a pro do it.
                      I am also considering a camo wrap. My graphics guy is going to look at it and let me know.

If this is for a ranch truck you don't want a wrap. I was looking to do the very same thing and the local wrap guys told me the wrap is delicate. Either do nothing and paint after a couple years of texas pinstriping or get a cheap paint job now.

Bedliner is going to kill the resale of the vehicle.

Comment

if you were to go DIY ,I would reccommend Raptor Liner also, my son used it as an undercoating, he's attending college at TAMUCC and wanted some protection from the elements there. Its been going on a year and when he cleans his wheel wells out with pressure washer they look like the day he put it on.

Comment

had my sons Fj done for 2500. It looks amazing.. No fading either..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunter truck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	24539640

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	24539641

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                            had my sons Fj done for 2500. It looks amazing.. No fading either..
                            Wow that looks sharp!!

What brand / company did you go with?

Comment

Did my jeep with my son last summer. I went with monstaliner. Haven’t notice any fading or other isssues. Love the look and durability.

Name:	0AE3E786-3A4D-4B69-B6FA-2082F0F0531A.jpg
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	24539654

Name:	12E51612-D317-4505-B7EF-D1214A3F5F71.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	24539655

Comment

Working...