Surprising the wife with a trip to Italy. Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprising the wife with a trip to Italy. Need advice

In the very early stages and looking for some advice. I’d like to be able to go to Sicily for a day, that’s where her family is from. Is there any way to save money on the airfare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion, Italy is a regional trip. Meaning, you have to break it up. So far, we’ve been twice. Once to Northern (Lake Como, Milan and Florence) and then to the middle (Rome, Naples, and the Amalfi coast). Lake Como is nowhere near Sicily, but for a romantic, scenic, your wife owing you for the months trip, it’s the best.

Comment

I don't know about traveling cost etc... But for the surprise announcement I would make a homemade batch of horrible spaghetti and cheap *** wine. After a couple of bites I would pull out the airline tickets and intenerary and " say honey guess we're going to have to go Sicily for good Italian food"

Comment

Tornoalago is an apartment in Torno run by Ranier and his wife. Very small village but there are ferries that run to all of the villages on the lake. Ranier has a boat as well for rent. My kids still talk about how nice Ranier and his wife were from 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          I don't know about traveling cost etc... But for the surprise announcement I would make a homemade batch of horrible spaghetti and cheap *** wine. After a couple of bites I would pull out the airline tickets and intenerary and " say honey guess we're going to have to go Sicily for good Italian food"

That’s a great idea!!! Thanks

Comment

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

If you go in summer the answer is no. I tried to go there last year and it cost my left one. We went to England instead at half the cost.

Comment

Flights... www.google.com/flights

Comment

Keep checking flights and buy when low price we got ours for like 800$. Make sure you have 2 weeks to be there.

Comment

Don't stare at all the hot Italian girls and say, honey I wish your .....

Comment

Make sure her passport is/will be good

That's all the advice I can give

Comment

If you are willing to drive to Houston, check out escapehouston.com. They have a lot of good deals on flights all over the world. Typically a flight to London is ~$500 on there. I know they have flights to Italy, not sure how often though.

Comment

By train guide Italy has many very unique areas

Italy Itinerary
                          4 days: Rome, Florence.
                          6 days, add: Venice.
                          8 days: slow down.
                          10 days, add: Cinque Terre.
                          12 days, add: Siena.
                          14 days, add: Sorrento, Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast.
                          17 days, add: Milan, Lake Como, Varenna.
                          21 days, add: Padua, Volterra, Orvieto, or slow down.

Comment

Took the wife last year on an 11 day bucket list trip...most awesome vacation we’ve ever had that’s for sure. Stayed in Venice, Florence, Rome, Naples and Sorrento (Capri) along the Amalfi coast.

We booked via a travel agency (Gate1 Travel) and it was top notch accommodations if I do say so myself. We would do this trip again in a heart beat. Only thing we would change is the stop in Naples isn’t worth it. It’s just an old dirty town.
                            Their site https://www.gate1travel.com/europe/i...1dencit18.aspx

Here’s the thread

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                              Keep checking flights and buy when low price we got ours for like 800$. Make sure you have 2 weeks to be there.

Not sure if I can swing two weeks, we have animals to take care of, but I’m looking around 10 days.

Comment

Working...
                              X