Covert solar panel + enloops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Did you ever check your camera back at home or in an open spot?

Not yet. I’m going to move it next weekend to an open spot on a pipeline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
      So you think this would work in a heavy canopy of pines? You are running 12 AA rechargeable along with the 12v?

Yes I do. Yes to last question.

You will need some sun tho I think. For this issue you really will need a strong high W panel

Comment

Has anyone received their 2018 Code Black LTE? I ordered one this week, but it is on back order. Covert estimates 2-4 weeks until it ships. Just curious if all of the connections for auxiliary power are the same. Found this forum while researching external/auxiliary power options. Solar is pretty much my only option, but I’m concerned about the thick pine canopy. I’ll be using mine for security on my driveway. Thick pine canopy with thick underbrush along the driveway. Have a pipeline right-of-way that crosses (West to East) my driveway, and plan to place it somewhere in that area. Will probably mount it 10-15 feet up in a tree, and explore my options for mounting solar panel nearby. Don’t want panel to be right next to camera, so that it doesn’t draw attention to the camera. Anyone have any experience with extending cables for their solar panel and mounting it away from the camera within a 50 foot radius? I’ve read a lot about squirrels chewing the wires, so I may have to look at running a conduit. Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I finally got around to moving the camera into an open area. got the solar panel pointed south and sitting about 45 degree angle. It has taken 118 pics since I set it up on April 18th. According to the app it says it is at 60% battery and the time stamp says 40%. Pic included to give yall an idea of what my set looks like.
          Attached Files

Comment

Call for a picture and check it now that it’s been in the sun. The Ap updates the % after a picture is taken

Comment

Call for a picture and check it now that it’s been in the sun. The Ap updates the % after a picture is taken
              I just talked to covert and they said my problem was running it in real time. I was just trying to back read to see if you all had a 24hr delay. Covert says the only way around the delay is to run 12v set up.

Comment

I know some of you told me to change it but, I was thinking some of you were getting away with leaving it on real time with AA's and covert SP.

Comment

Covert solar panel + enloops

I just talked to covert and they said my problem was running it in real time. I was just trying to back read to see if you all had a 24hr delay. Covert says the only way around the delay is to run 12v set up.

I’ve been running all three in real time since day 1 of owning them.... same with my buddies who run the same setups.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2298.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	24539106
                  Last edited by Smart; 05-08-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Call for a picture and tell me what the new battery percentage is.

Comment

Call for a picture and tell me what the new battery percentage is.
                      I wont get it for 24hrs since I changed the setting

Comment

I wont get it for 24hrs since I changed the setting

Lol you can change the setting back.

Comment

Still waiting.....
                          Originally posted by Keith View Post
                          I just sent my old 2012 Covert Black Ops back and they are upgrading it to the 2018 model. They said they are expecting them in late February or early March and will send it as soon as they arrive.
                          Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol you can change the setting back.

Covert says once you change it, it takes 24hrs to Chang back after the command is sent

Comment

Covert says once you change it, it takes 24hrs to Chang back after the command is sent

I put it back and sent a real time photo command and I didn’t get anything back so I guess they are right

Comment

I guess I’ve never even considered going on a 24 hour delay. I think the most I ever tried was 30 minutes. And just went right back to real-time since mine work fine with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X