No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m thinking a “working mans tasting “ turkey 101, makers 46, eagle rare... I’ll work on that.

If y’all don’t have turkey 101 on stand by, your missing out. I cant believe more don’t have it as a top pick.... guess it’s too cheap
    Last edited by Low Fence; 04-07-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ71 View Post
      Taste test for tonight will be 3 more Buffalo Trace bourbons! These 3 have been my favorites for years. Time for a blind taste test.

[ATTACH]903731[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Old charter 12 was one I liked years ago but can’t find anymore. The weller 12, should walk away a winner here. Haven’t had OC8 in too long, and BT in probably 5+ years

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        I’m thinking a “working mans tasting “ turkey 101, makers 46, eagle rare... I’ll work on that.

If y’all don’t have turkey 101 on stand by, your missing out. I can believe more don’t have it as a top pick.... guess it’s too cheap
        I love me some Turkey every now and then too. But my favorite go to bourbons are the ones I listed above, Weller, Old Charter and Buffalo Trace. They are on the cheap end too! 🥃👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Old charter 12 was one I liked years ago but can’t find anymore. The weller 12, should walk away a winner here. Haven’t had OC8 in too long, and BT in probably 5+ years
          This is not the Weller 12, it’s the regular easy to find Weller. Not sure on age maybe 6 to 8 years.

Comment

This is not the Weller 12, it’s the regular easy to find Weller. Not sure on age maybe 6 to 8 years.
            Just noticed. Looked black labeled on phone. You probably got about as even a fight as they make

Comment

Going with Rye for round two!

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

Dammit! Awesome line up! 👍🏻🥃

Comment

I am a Canadian wiskey guy - Crown and Forty Creek - what are other options in this category that may taste better?

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                    I am a Canadian wiskey guy - Crown and Forty Creek - what are other options in this category that may taste better?
                    That’s a long list. LoL

Comment

All of these are really good, and honestly I am suprised with my ranking. But it’s honest.

Willet
                      KO
                      YKY

Comment

All of these are really good, and honestly I am suprised with my ranking. But it’s honest.

Willet
                        KO
                        YKY
                        Willet for the win!

Comment

Picked up a 7up today to try and choke this high west down. It’s still terrible. Coke would have been better..... but for its price it shouldn’t need anything. Worst I’ve had in sometime

Comment

Have any of y’all tried the Full Proof 1792?

[ATTACH]903626[/ATTACH]

I really like it for the $$. Great flavor and not overly hot for 125 proof. We have had several stores around here that did some barrel picks on the Full Proof and the majority of them have been spot on.

Comment

Taste test for tonight will be 3 more Buffalo Trace bourbons! These 3 have been my favorites for years. Time for a blind taste test.

[ATTACH]903731[/ATTACH]

Results are in!! Not surprised by the results.

1) Weller
                              2) Buffalo Trace
                              3) Old Charter

Comment

Willet
                                KO
                                YKY
                                This excites me. The only bottle I have in this lineup is the Willet so I’m glad I bought it!

Comment

Working...
                                X