Seriously, what is going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
    Maybe I am just naive but I do not buy into the assumption or assumptions upon assumptions that every proposed gun control regulation is a tactical step in the overall strategy of reversing the 2nd amendment.

With that said, how do we enable law enforcement to prevent a mass shooting or potential terrorist attack without such a regulatory change as described above? For all the blame put on law enforcement for the many visits to the Florida school shooter's home, there was nothing they could really do. This would have given them that option. Same with the Orlando nightclub terrorist shooting. Might the shootings have still happened? Maybe. But if the police come in take your guns away on the basis of court order which explains why, that is going to be mighty big deterrent. And it puts the authorities in much better position to watch what that individual is doing.
    Simple, enforce the laws currently on the books. You said it yourself, LEO made dozens of visits, had those been properly reported he would have been denied purchasing a gun

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Simple, enforce the laws currently on the books. You said it yourself, LEO made dozens of visits, had those been properly reported he would have been denied purchasing a gun
      I don't think there was any legal basis under existing law to have prevented him from purchasing a gun. He also had multiple guns already, so surely we don't want to suggest that had he not been able to buy an AR-15 then the shooting would not have occurred.

Comment

If this passes, i suggest we start a list of people to whom this law should be immediately applied, because they are indeed a danger to themselves and others:

Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Diane Fienstein, the entire Clinton family, Rosie O'Donnell, all the Illinois politicians, anyone in Massachussetts named Kennedy, any attendee to any Antifa event, anyone with a DUI conviction, anyone with visible gang tattoos, anyone with Pitbulls, anyone with cars that won't pass inspection, and people who sneeze in public without covering their face.

See how this goes?

Comment

Maybe I am just naive but I do not buy into the assumption or assumptions upon assumptions that every proposed gun control regulation is a tactical step in the overall strategy of reversing the 2nd amendment.

With that said, how do we enable law enforcement to prevent a mass shooting or potential terrorist attack without such a regulatory change as described above? For all the blame put on law enforcement for the many visits to the Florida school shooter's home, there was nothing they could really do. This would have given them that option. Same with the Orlando nightclub terrorist shooting. Might the shootings have still happened? Maybe. But if the police come in take your guns away on the basis of court order which explains why, that is going to be mighty big deterrent. And it puts the authorities in much better position to watch what that individual is doing.

There are people in California living under a very similar law already that can tell you you are naive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think there was any legal basis under existing law to have prevented him from purchasing a gun. He also had multiple guns already, so surely we don't want to suggest that had he not been able to buy an AR-15 then the shooting would not have occurred.
            That is precisely what I am saying. 911 calls and associated police response date back to 2010 and include domestic dispute which had those been handled appropriately would have excluded him from purchasing any and all guns

If you want effective legislation and change then violent crimes then violent crimes by minors should be required to be logged into NICS

Comment

I can almost promise this , if passed will heard before the Supreme Court

Comment

The 1st place that this law, if passed, will be abused is in divorce court. Jilted wife seeking revenge will assert her gun owning soon to be ex-husband is crazy and owns guns and that will be all it will take.

Comment

The 1st place that this law, if passed, will be abused is in divorce court. Jilted wife seeking revenge will assert her gun owning soon to be ex-husband is crazy and owns guns and that will be all it will take.
                  Or vice-versa when a husband is trying to strip his ex-wife of the ability to defend herself.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                    Or vice-versa when a husband is trying to strip his ex-wife of the ability to defend herself.
                    You get the point...

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                      Yep

Comment

Of course there was. He made terroristic threats on the book of faces. He even said he was going to shoot up a school. He could have been arrested on several occasions, and been submitted to NICS.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                          Good thing I sleep with my AR, selector on semi.

Please post political and non-hunting current events to this forum. Personal attacks and disrespect in posting will not be tolerated.

Please post political and non-hunting current events to this forum. Personal attacks and disrespect in posting will not be tolerated.

You go so hard

Comment

Yep without doubt. And it will go both ways because both party's will claim the other is bat **** crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              There are people in California living under a very similar law already that can tell you you are naive.

Texas isnt California.

Comment

“**** dirty apes!” That’s what Charlton Heston would be saying about the NRA’s support of this legislation.

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                                http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...67&postcount=3

You go so hard
                                Careful, Smell the Glove, online stalking is probably edging towards “mentally ill” (especially stalking J Sweet) and lead to the confiscation of your weapons.

Comment

Working...
                                X