Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I crazy for not canceling baseball practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    I don't think you are getting what I'm saying, practicing baseball in cold weather sucks. Especially for 7-8 year olds that can't name all nine positions. A game is different. There's a reason why MLB goes to warmer climates for spring training.
    To be fair, practicing baseball in any weather sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      Nothing like mentioning Starbucks in a 'manly' discussion
      I said get you a cup not me.....I dont drink the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        I said get you a cup not me.....I dont drink the stuff.
        I'll pass

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Not our tournament. Its our 7u team..and they arent complaining, whining, or bitching like soccer moms.
          But we've played in rain, and cold weather.

Yall whine about playing football and hockey in inclement weather too?

A healthy immune system is one that gets used.

I swear, the wussification is seeded deep.
          I guess the select pros at age 7 play in any weather.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
            I'm even getting a Navy Seal buddy to come break these 7-8 year olds down so we can build them into the warriors I need them to be.
            There you go! You are on the way to being a select pro coach in no time!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              I guess the select pros at age 7 play in any weather.
              Its ok.
              I dont blame you for not wanting to get your skirt wet or your delicate hands cold.
              The world needs male balerinas too... i guess.

Comment

It’s miserable out. There’s too much standing around in baseball, and you can only wear so many clothes while playing it. They’d freeze. No reason to torture them at that age. It would be a little different if it was a sport like soccer where they’re constantly running and keeping their body heat up, although I doubt I’d want my kid doing that in this weather at that age either. I had to practice various sports in weather this cold over the years, and I don’t ever recall enjoying it or being particular engaged in the practice while my fingers were freezing off.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  I'm surprised....I know I shouldn't be....with the number of men on this site that thinks a coach should cancel practice because it might be uncomfortable, or even worse, "leave it up to the parents to decide". It's no wonder that high school coaches today face the challenges that they didn't face 25 years ago.
                  25 years ago kids weren't playing baseball in February. It wasn't a year round sport then.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                    Bunch of grumpy hard *** old men around here today. Guess my decision was correct to cancel as the league closed the fields after the sleet and soft hail came through. Don't worry, I've got practice rescheduled for Tuesday. I'm even getting a Navy Seal buddy to come break these 7-8 year olds down so we can build them into the warriors I need them to be.
                    That's the spirit.

Comment

Systemnt my space profile pic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Systemnt my space profile pic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        No joke!

Comment

Wth is my space and why would you use that as your profile pic? Doesnt even show your man bun...

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                            What grown man still says "Bro"?
                            This one, bro .

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Wth is my space and why would you use that as your profile pic? Doesnt even show your man bun...
                              Weak. Need to work on your game a little harder. Well get you a participation ribbon though. You can put it in your trophy cabinet with the rest of yours.

Comment

Weak. Need to work on your game a little harder. Well get you a participation ribbon though. You can put it in your trophy cabinet with the rest of yours.
                                Whatever you say, princess.

Comment

Working...
                                X