TBH Sam Rayburn Crappie weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    You should post up coordinates of all your brushpiles so all of us headed down there will be sure not to fish them! I've got **** good electronics but I have yet to be able to make out a name on any of the piles I find! I will give you one sure fire way nobody will ever fish "your" piles! I have a dozen nobody has ever fished. Well outside maybe my kid! They've been sitting behind the shop for over a year now. If you drop it in a public lake it's no longer yours the second you let go of it overboard!
    As for minnows I hate having to use them but I'm **** sure not afraid to! Folks that don't use minnows in tourneys get beat a lot! As much as I dislike drowning minnows I dislike not catching fish more!![emoji2]

Off to Bob Sandlin to push minnows. Sounds like it's gonna suck. Wish I was headed to Tawakoni to load the boat!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ding, Ding, Ding, winner-winner chicken dinner (or maybe pock-licked fried crappie dinner)

Comment

I fish it a lot. It's the closest lake to me. 20 miles to the villages from my driveway.

Yeah I have a good friend that lives on that lake keeps asking me to come up. I heard that it has some big ol white crappy

Comment

You should post up coordinates of all your brushpiles so all of us headed down there will be sure not to fish them! I've got **** good electronics but I have yet to be able to make out a name on any of the piles I find! I will give you one sure fire way nobody will ever fish "your" piles! I have a dozen nobody has ever fished. Well outside maybe my kid! They've been sitting behind the shop for over a year now. If you drop it in a public lake it's no longer yours the second you let go of it overboard!
        As for minnows I hate having to use them but I'm **** sure not afraid to! Folks that don't use minnows in tourneys get beat a lot! As much as I dislike drowning minnows I dislike not catching fish more!![emoji2]

Off to Bob Sandlin to push minnows. Sounds like it's gonna suck. Wish I was headed to Tawakoni to load the boat!!

Don"t get ****** mad bro, and really glad you have ***** good electronics, I was being a smart *** just to rile someone up and you won, I could care less who potlicks I crappie fish year round , I fish piles that Spearchunkaa put all the time and everyone else's piles too, I might need to borrow your first grader to point me in the general location or you piles because I really got ***** good electronics also!

Comment

I have fished Rayburn twice with guides. One in the summer and once in the winter. Limited out both times. We used the following strategy

Summer:
          Deep water brush in the main lake. Some were on points and drop offs. Said they had been adding brush to this pile for over 20 years. We only Minnows.

Winter:
          Fished a main tributary and the crappie were stacked in there like cord wood. Fished brush piles and a natural sunken tree. This guide too some time to show me what to look for on his down imaging unit.

I will be there with a good friend who has a boat with side imaging and down scan. I believe the game plan is to look for brush in the bends of the river and creeks. Hopefully we can find some brush pretty quick. Does anyone have any tips to finding brush with side imaging? How long do you spend fishing new brush?

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
            I have fished Rayburn twice with guides. One in the summer and once in the winter. Limited out both times. We used the following strategy

Summer:
            Deep water brush in the main lake. Some were on points and drop offs. Said they had been adding brush to this pile for over 20 years. We only Minnows.

Winter:
            Fished a main tributary and the crappie were stacked in there like cord wood. Fished brush piles and a natural sunken tree. This guide too some time to show me what to look for on his down imaging unit.

I will be there with a good friend who has a boat with side imaging and down scan. I believe the game plan is to look for brush in the bends of the river and creeks. Hopefully we can find some brush pretty quick. Does anyone have any tips to finding brush with side imaging? How long do you spend fishing new brush?
            there is brush everywhere there, I fished there last weekend and found brush all over the place from 147 to the Black Forest probably caught 50 or so, would have caught a lot more but the FLW tourney guys and the High School tourney kids were ripping it up pretty good, I caught them from 5' deep to 25' deep , they were really stacked on the brush on the breaks of the creek channels and they bit a little better on minnows than they did jigs

Comment

Hell a blind man can catch up on that lake

Comment

Originally posted by Krappiekatcher View Post
                there is brush everywhere there, I fished there last weekend and found brush all over the place from 147 to the Black Forest probably caught 50 or so, would have caught a lot more but the FLW tourney guys and the High School tourney kids were ripping it up pretty good, I caught them from 5' deep to 25' deep , they were really stacked on the brush on the breaks of the creek channels and they bit a little better on minnows than they did jigs
                I need to go with you

Comment

Originally posted by Krappiekatcher View Post
                  Don"t get ****** mad bro, and really glad you have ***** good electronics, I was being a smart *** just to rile someone up and you won, I could care less who potlicks I crappie fish year round , I fish piles that Spearchunkaa put all the time and everyone else's piles too, I might need to borrow your first grader to point me in the general location or you piles because I really got ***** good electronics also!

Ain't nothing on the internet gonna get me mad about anything!! See you in June! Save us a few between now and then![emoji106]

I'm fishing. Sandlin. Lewisville. Millwood. Fork and Lavon between now and then! Plus any lakes I fun fish on but I'm ready to go to Rayburn tomorrow!!! Might even throw Darbonne or Grenada in the mix too. So many lakes! So little time!![emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by SpearChunkaa View Post
                    I need to go with you
                    Lets go , half of the ones I know of you showed me anyway!

Comment

Ain't nothing on the internet gonna get me mad about anything!! See you in June! Save us a few between now and then![emoji106]

I'm fishing. Sandlin. Lewisville. Millwood. Fork and Lavon between now and then! Plus any lakes I fun fish on but I'm ready to go to Rayburn tomorrow!!! Might even throw Darbonne or Grenada in the mix too. So many lakes! So little time!![emoji23]

I agree, I wanted to hit the chicken coop last week but stopped at Rayburn, the water temp on T Bend hasn't gotten below 50 degrees for a couple of years but I bet it will be on fire right now

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                        Done!
                        Then what are you do-n cook-n fajitas at Nanza, and not fish with me and Team Fish Head?

Originally posted by SpearChunkaa View Post
                        Minners are for beginners
                        Guess I've been begin-n all my life (60 years) . Dose this mean I've got another 60 to go? smh

My kid can spot a pile when we drive by one! His first grade teacher was trying to get him to read something in school last year and he told her he reads all the time! Side imaging! [emoji23]
                        She called my wife and wanted to know what reading program we were using with Langdon? She said she had heard of Sylvan and ABC mouse but not side imaging!! Maybe we fish too much??[emoji85]
                        I love seeing one loaded up on the graph and his face light up and he looks at me and says we're gonna smoke em!! Often we do!!![emoji106]

That just made my day Slew!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Then what are you do-n cook-n fajitas at Nanza, and not fish with me and Team Fish Head?

Did u try my fajitas?? [emoji16]

I like cooking stuff that requires little to no clean up at nanza. Cuts into my drinking time!

I’ll make an appearance at your booth this year. [emoji1303]

Comment

I'm at Rayburn all the time chasing the green fish. Never really have done much crappie fishing there.

Comment

Texas grown you have 60 year's of jigging to do then you can quit.

Comment

Keep chasing the green fish leave the pan fishing for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X