Arctic Blast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arctic Blast

Figured I would move the talks from the Christmas Weather thread over to this one.

Now this is what I call a good season for cold weather. We had a cool Halloween, cool Thanksgiving, snow across Texas in early December, a cold Christmas and now the Arctic wants to pay us a visit to ring in the New Year with possibilities of a winter storm threat January 2nd/3rd (big if). Next week looks down right brutal.

Hopefully some of our other TBH weather guys will chime in on all this since I will be touch n go.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Weather underground is forecasting some very very cold temps for my area next week. They keep bouncing back and forth with rain/snow to no rain/snow

Comment

Always tuned into Mr. Johnny... Thanks.

Comment

Looks like it could be below freezing for 6-7 days (highs) where I live. Lows from the low teens to -4. .

Not looking forward to it.

Comment

In for updates.

Comment

The normal weather sites are all over the place for my area. Anywhere from 21 to 32 for the low on the 1st

Comment

Weatherbug on my phone says 32 for the HIGH on Monday low of 24..... In Huntsville.
              We usually get several nights of sub freezing temps each winter, but hardly ever do we get a solid 24+ hours of sub freezing or right at freezing temps. Looks to be a brutal (for our area) cold snap

Comment

Following. I’m in Florida on vacation right now and we are planning on leaving on Saturday. As of right now we are going to take 3 days to drive back, but depending on what this next weather maker does, we may have to make it a 2 day trip back to Waco.
                Last edited by 91cavgt; 12-28-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Based on the NAM short term model looks like prime time for ice would be Sat night thru Sunday morning ending as light snow Sunday afternoon. Temps falling thru the 20s Sunday. Precip maps on NAM appear to be supportive of light to moderate freezing rain and sleet in addition to the freezing drizzle.

Comment

I personally like what the overnight Euro showed with the potential for a winter storm for parts of Texas next week. The CMC is showing it as well but GFS is warmer and dry.

Comment

Must be hitting to the east of me as the ten day calls for mid 20’s for lows and mid 50’s for highs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like around 60 straight hours of sub-freezing temperatures for us - don't remember the last time that happened...

Comment

Greattttt, have to go to buffalo NY this weekend. These temps should feel like beach weather up side buffalo though.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            I personally like what the overnight Euro showed with the potential for a winter storm for parts of Texas next week. The CMC is showing it as well but GFS is warmer and dry.

Is this showing 4 inches of snow for us in our area Johnny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following. I remember over Christmas break in either 83 or 84 we had several days of below freezing temps in Orange. First and only time in my 52 years I've seen parts of Adams Bayou completely frozen over from bank to opposite bank.

Comment

Working...
                              X