New Build underway at APR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just paid APR so they can get started on my build.

Chambering in 7 rSAUM, Remington short mag action. Trued up, 28” 1:8” twist Bartlein barrel. Jewel trigger. XLR element chassis. Seekins 20 MOA base. Undecided on rings. Vortex Viper PST gen II, 5-25 mil/mil scope. Undecided on bipod. Goal will be steel out to a mile. And pig control. Plan on going with Hornady 180 ELD-M loads. Hopefully I’ll find a good node around 2950. Will be mag fee out of Accurate mags. 2.94 or so OAL will be my limitation.

What rings and which bipod would you recommend?

Will be on this chassis. No more 308 with 16.5” barrel limitations. This was thanksgiving morning. Banging steel at 800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been happy with the Burris XTR Signature Rings on my long range build. You can set them any where from 0 to 40 MOA and can even make some windage offsets.

Comment

ARC M10 rings

Comment

I’m running Accutac rings on my newest range gun, pretty pleased so far. Cost is good, built in level works...only concern is their low torque specs (11lb rings and 25lb bases, if I recall).

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          ARC M10 rings

I’m pretty sure Blake is my spirit animal.

These things are money!!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

If weight isn’t an issue, go full-retard: http://www.spuhr.biz/ideal-scope-mount-system

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
              If weight isn’t an issue, go full-retard: http://www.spuhr.biz/ideal-scope-mount-system

Weight is no worry. But $400 is. Lol. Looks nice though.

Comment

ARC M10 rings

I was curious about these. Badger, ARC m10, and Night force ultralights are the ones I’ve been looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                  Weight is no worry. But $400 is. Lol. Looks nice though.

I’ve never had a need to spend that much on rings. I’m sure to some people, they are worth it though.

And for a bipod, I think atlas are about the best out there for all-around shooting/hunting.

Comment

Nice build!

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                      I’ve never had a need to spend that much on rings. I’m sure to some people, they are worth it though.

And for a bipod, I think atlas are about the best out there for all-around shooting/hunting.

The Atlas PRS looks nice but I’m leaning toward the BT-46 is what I’ll probably get.

Comment

ARC M10 rings

Yep. Great rings.

I recently moved from these on a couple of rifles to the Hawkins Precision Long Range Hybrid. I like both a lot.

Comment

A little update. The barreled action should be wrapped up in the next couple weeks. Went with the base model Atlas bipod, it’s mounted to my chassis already. I went with Seekins precision for base and rings. Got reloading components in yesterday. Norma brass, Hornady 180 ELD-match. My dummy round next to one of my 308’s with a 175 SMK. I ordered the box of 100 pieces of brass and zero culls. First experience with Norma brass, very pleased. I’ve always loaded in Lapua brass if possible but they don’t make WSM or SAUM brass yet. ready to get it together and start some load development.

Last edited by hoythitman; 02-20-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

I got some34mm ARC M10 rings recently and they’re awesome. While torquing them on the tube, there was ZERO movement. That was pretty handy. The quality of the materials/workmanship was at least equal to my NF rings and Badger rings. They’re probably overkill but I don’t mind that or the insurance it provides.

Comment

I was going to suggest the seekins and you've beat me to it.

Looks like a mean bang stick is headed your way.

Comment

Working...
                              X