No announcement yet.

Who likes older/obsolete cartridges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my grandfathers 7x61 S&H and 7x57 AI. He loved the wildcat cartridges. Both are extremely accurate and bring back great memories when they come out of the safe.

Comment

Originally posted by ALJ05 View Post
      I have my grandfathers 7x61 S&H and 7x57 AI. He loved the wildcat cartridges. Both are extremely accurate and bring back great memories when they come out of the safe.

What 7 x 61 do you have? I scour the gun shows for that caliber.

If I had the money I'd have Alamo Precision build a 7 x 61 and a 6.5 X 55.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
        I like it too. But I am beginning to believe the .270 is not cool anymore either.
        D____ that 6.5 CM!
        I shoot a 260 and am not in any way shape or form a 6.5CM fan hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
          Count me in I suppose since anything for the 257 Roberts is pretty much non-existent.
          My father in law has a CZ (i believe its a model 527) chambered in 257 roberts.
          He trimmed the stock about an inch to make it a youth gun. Stupid accurate little rifle. My wife and her siblings learned to hunt with it. Glad he bought a dozen boxes of ammo for it years ago. I cant seem to find any nowadays.

Comment

I had a 404 Jeffery built a few years ago. Lovely big bore.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
              My father in law has a CZ (i believe its a model 527) chambered in 257 roberts.
              He trimmed the stock about an inch to make it a youth gun. Stupid accurate little rifle. My wife and her siblings learned to hunt with it. Glad he bought a dozen boxes of ammo for it years ago. I cant seem to find any nowadays.
              Hell you cant find cases for it if your life depends on it. Only reason there are 25 cal components is due to other 25 cal chamberings. Sad state of affairs....

Comment

If 257 Roberts cases are a problem make some from 6mm Remington or 7X57. Same case just different bullet diameter bullet

Comment

The only obsolete cartridge gun I have is 455 Webley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Forgot a few,
                    Not obsolete but not common 338 Federal and 307 Winchester
                    have a revolver is 38 S&W which would be obsolete but still made in limited runs.

The 5mm Remington Magnum is a fun one that Agulia put som life back into a few years ago now have a couple bricks+ 4 boxes of Remington ammo for mine.

22-243 is no big deal since know have to make brass from 243 for it. 223 WSSM is hard at times to find ammo for.

7mm-TCU wildcat but forming brass is easy.

Comment

have a .40/82 hope to use on a hog this year afraid of the day when i need more ammo though LOL

Comment

I've had my eye out for a shoot able 250-3000 for awhile now, wish that old Winchester chambered in 30-40 krag had been handed down and not been lost to an uncle addicted to pawn shops, an old 44-40, and my 22 hornet that's about as exotic as I got

Comment

Savage and Remington both re made rifles in 250-3000, I have seen a few but I thought they cost more than they were worth.

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
                            have a .40/82 hope to use on a hog this year afraid of the day when i need more ammo though LOL
                            What you got that 40-82 in? Winchester 1886 or 1885 ?

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                              I've had my eye out for a shoot able 250-3000 for awhile now, wish that old Winchester chambered in 30-40 krag had been handed down and not been lost to an uncle addicted to pawn shops, an old 44-40, and my 22 hornet that's about as exotic as I got

That's another on I have wanted for years, is the 250-3000. I have also wanted a 22 Hornet, 22 K Hornet and a 17 K Hornet.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                                What 7 x 61 do you have? I scour the gun shows for that caliber.

If I had the money I'd have Alamo Precision build a 7 x 61 and a 6.5 X 55.
                                I don't know who the manufacturer was. It has very few markings on it and no names. I would like to find someone that could take a look at it and maybe tell me.

Comment

Working...
                                X