Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting in the rain

Is it worth it?

What kind of rain we talking? I hunted my Bday this year 11/8 and it rained all day, nothing heavy but like an inch over the course of the day. As long as you have a decent blind that doesn't leak and a heater it's all good. I shot a pig, passed on a doe and an 8 pt. Watched that doe shake like a dog about every 2 min and then bed down under some cedars about 75ft away from blind.

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

If you can drop them in their tracks since you won't have a blood trail.

I choose to duck hunt on rainy days and not risk losing a deer.

Comment

Was thinking the same thing? The way it looks today , not worth it unless it stops or lightens up

Comment

I have found hunting is excellent in light rain/drizzle

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
              Is it worth it?
              It wasn't today

Comment

I'm hunting in the rain as we speak. I've got 8 bucks and 17 doe eating corn in my senderos and it's been raining all day.

Comment

Hunting in that drizzle is the best. Can be hard on the body but I have shot a few good bucks during a light drizzle/fog.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
                    Hunting in that drizzle is the best. Can be hard on the body but I have shot a few good bucks during a light drizzle/fog.
                    This!

Comment

I love to hunt in the rain. I have seen tons of deer and shot a few in the rain. More of a deal to you than them.

Comment

couple seasons ago i decided not to go hunting because it was raining. This guy showed up that morning and it was the last time he was ever seen on our place. I still kick myself for passing just because of some rain.
                        Attached Files

Comment

If it is raining heavy - especially if has has been raining for hours - I stay at camp and watch the radar. When it looks like the rain is going to stop in the next 30-60 minutes I will hustle out to a blind. You will often see lots of movement right after the rain quits.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            If it is raining heavy - especially if has has been raining for hours - I stay at camp and watch the radar. When it looks like the rain is going to stop in the next 30-60 minutes I will hustle out to a blind. You will often see lots of movement right after the rain quits.
                            This. Or light rain, not a down pour

Comment

If you can stay dry and warm, it can be some of the best hunting. And if you have pigs they pretty much always move in rain.

Comment

Working...
                              X