Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
    Yea, I know they are tough to hunt, but they seem to be doing a better job than last year at staying out of sight. Or I'm doing a worse job at staying undetected.
    more hunters per square acre isn't helping.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
      more hunters per square acre isn't helping.
      This. ^^^^

Since the institution of AR, and hunter numbers going up, I've noticed a decline in the population of larger racks. And the abnormal racks just don't show up like they used to.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Has anyone taken a racked buck yet? This is my first season down here without even having a shot opportunity at a decent legal buck and only seen one twice, both times from 60+ yards and downwind. I've tried everything, moving stand locations, scents and calls, mock scrapes, hunting close to food, hunting close to beds, coming and going from different directions, you name it. I've got the bucks on cam in daylight, but can't seal the deal. Does are a dime a dozen, but the bucks just ain't showing up. Anyone else having a tough time this year?
        A buddy took one on the 11th. pushing a doe.

Comment

Does anybody have a direct number to Cedron Creek Park or know if they have any rv sites open for today through Sunday? Or any of the other COE parks?

Comment

Originally posted by lgc999 View Post
            Does anybody have a direct number to Cedron Creek Park or know if they have any rv sites open for today through Sunday? Or any of the other COE parks?
            I don't have a direct line but you can check site availability at recreation.gov

Comment

TxnRunner you still hunting this week? I'll be out there in the morning til 11 , my son said that it's crowded now in the area I hunt.

Comment

I won't be back til Friday. This weekend was really busy in the area I usually hunt
                To make matters worse it seemed like everyone was hunting within 400 yards of each other. I hunted there the last 2 years without ever seeing anyone, I moved outta there and ain't going back. There are good deer in there but there are no less than 4 stands and/or groundblonds within 200 yards of my spot. I think that has had a lot to do with lack of buck sighting. I moved to another unit on Sunday and didn't see a truck one Sunday or Monday, or any other day I've driven by it so I'm hoping it's off the radar this week as well.

Comment

Has anyone taken a racked buck yet? This is my first season down here without even having a shot opportunity at a decent legal buck and only seen one twice, both times from 60+ yards and downwind. I've tried everything, moving stand locations, scents and calls, mock scrapes, hunting close to food, hunting close to beds, coming and going from different directions, you name it. I've got the bucks on cam in daylight, but can't seal the deal. Does are a dime a dozen, but the bucks just ain't showing up. Anyone else having a tough time this year?
                  I got one this morning. It's been the opposite for me. I've seen more bucks than does but most are young

Comment

Just killed my first public land doe!

Comment

Originally posted by hrallen50 View Post
                      Just killed my first public land doe!
                      Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
                        I got one this morning. It's been the opposite for me. I've seen more bucks than does but most are young
                        Ive seen a lot of young bucks too, congrats on the buck! Post up some pics!

Comment

Saw a little 4 point today on H9,he was muching on the corn i tossed this morning for a good 20 mins...just wish he was little wide. Was so excited about seeing a buck I left my Scent Blaster on a limb,didnt realize it till i was unpacking I left it ��

Comment

Crazy that this was only my 2nd hunt at this new spot. She was super timid but she never looked up at me. It sucks packing a stand and sticks every hunt but it’s worth it when it pays off. Crazy too that this one of the most pressured areas.

Comment

JUST leaving the house and should be there at 530.

Comment

Mo gooda luqx to ya Storm.

Comment

Working...
                                X