Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are against medical MJ...watch this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBT View Post
    with that being said I'm not sure how many of them would keep an employee around while openly admitting to breaking the law
    Hence the question...

Comment

I do it to. Oddly enough I do not want it legalized for recreational use, just medicinal. I'm self employed make 6 figures a yr and have a good credit score as well. I don't do it and drive, I don't do it and work. I do it on my back porch then eat some dinner, watch tv, and go to bed. If it does become legal for recreational use I would hope they would treat the people driving under the influence the same as people driving under the influence of alcohol. Same fines, jail time, probation classes etc.

Edit: I **** sure don't do it when I hunt
      Last edited by slicktree; 11-14-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
        Is that right?
        I suppose that I'm a "typical young pothead" too. Well, not exactly. I'm 71 years old and I've been smoking it in moderation for almost fifty years now. Said so out loud on this particular forum several times.
        In conjunction with the admission, I've also mentioned that I'm a professional in the workforce with an annual income in six figures and a credit score of 837 as of last week.
        I don't drive or work while under the influence of marijuana - just as I don't drive or work while drinking.
        Hoss, I suggest that you're a little behind the times - maybe oughta get out and socialize some, catch up a bit. Sensible people do not care! Hell, the City Of Dallas proper just passed an ordinance that if a driver is stopped with less than 4 ounces, they just write a citation, don't take the person to jail. Probably, it can be paid online.

Oh... And your suggestion that all casual users should relocate to Colorado? You don't speak for the entire State of Texas.

Bob Lee
        I have a VERY similar story to Bob, but I'm only in my late 40's.

Sure are a lot of uninformed and judgemental people on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
          I have a VERY similar story to Bob, but I'm only in my late 40's.

Sure are a lot of uninformed and judgemental people on this thread.
          Just people showing their age or closed mindedness.

Comment

I don't smoke but it is absurd that it was ever outlawed in the first place.... Of course money was behind that!

Can't wait till it is legal... I have alot of land to farm!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its too bad for people that like it, but anything we can do to deter the amount of hippies in our state should be encouraged.

Comment

I was never big on using pot, but IMO it's no worse than drinking. I think it should be legal like alcohol for those who want to use it responsibly. Tax the crap out of it and make the state some money. But that being said, I certainly believe that medicinal marijuana and other products derived from it for medical purposes should be legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                  Its too bad for people that like it, but anything we can do to deter the amount of hippies in our state should be encouraged.
                  This is exactly why I don't want it legal for recreational use lol.

Comment

I'm all for it being legal for medical use.
                    I'm torn on it being legal for rec use as I believe it should be for adults but then just like alcohol kids will use it earlier because it won't be a big deal to get caught with it.

It definitely has it's place for medical treatment, pain, appetite etc etc etc. Goes on and on.

I also see it as safer rec use than alcohol is but I definitely don't want my kid using it or drinking alcohol for that matter until he's old enough to do so properly and safely

Comment

Even makes me a better hunter.
                      So you need a mind altering drug to make you a better hunter?

"Some immediate physical effects of marijuana include a faster heartbeat and pulse rate, blood shot eyes, and a dry mouth and throat. No scientific evidence indicates that marijuana improves hearing, eyesight, and skin sensitivity. Studies have found marijuana to impair or reduce short-term memory, alter sense of time, and reduce ability to do things that require concentration, swift reactions, and coordination (e.g. driving a car) for at least 4-6 hours after smoking a single marijuana cigarette. Studies have indicated that marijuana abusers’ risk for heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana. Some research studies suggest that marijuana use may result in premature babies, low birth weights, and influence hormone levels in both men and women, and effecting menstrual cycles and temporary loss of fertility for women. Scientists believe that marijuana can be especially harmful to the lungs because users often inhale the unfiltered smoke deeply and hold it in their lungs as long as possible. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients known to cause emphysema and cancer."

Glad it works for you though

CBD on the other hand may be the new miracle drug for those with epileptic issues.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                        I'm all for it being legal for medical use.
                        I'm torn on it being legal for rec use as I believe it should be for adults but then just like alcohol kids will use it earlier because it won't be a big deal to get caught with it.

It definitely has it's place for medical treatment, pain, appetite etc etc etc. Goes on and on.

I also see it as safer rec use than alcohol is but I definitely don't want my kid using it or drinking alcohol for that matter until he's old enough to do so properly and safely
                        You should place some cameras and mics in your local HS and junior high. Only problem would be the of hard drug users would scare the tar out of you.

Comment

Marijuana can be used for quite a few medical conditions in my opinion. Not sure why the DEA has deemed it a schedule 1 drug (No medicinal use), after very convincing case studies and stories like this.

Any Indica-based strain would be excellent for people wanting to alleviate anxiety, insomnia, or reduce the incidence of seizures. I would rather see the insomnia and anxiety be treated with MJ than Benzodiazepines or Anti-depressants

--Registered Pharmacy Technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
                          Last edited by TexasArchery_27; 11-14-2017, 02:04 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                            Marijuana can be used for quite a few medical conditions in my opinion. Not sure why the DEA has deemed it a schedule 1 drug (No medicinal use), after very convincing case studies and stories like this.

Any Indica-based strain would be excellent for people wanting to alleviate anxiety, insomnia, or reduce the incidence of seizures. I would rather see the insomnia and anxiety be treated with MJ than Benzodiazepines or Anti-depressants

--Registered Pharmacy Technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
                            Lobbyist paying the right ppl to keep it on the list has a lot to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                              CBD has some tremendous benefits. I’ve done a little looking into it, it really is pretty fascinating.

Aside from curbing things like seizures, it is also an effective anti-inflammatory (pain management, without the opiates). It is not hallucinagenic, nor is it psychoactive. It will also not show up with THC markers in a drug test.

There is also research suggesting that it can aid in diabetes, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, PTSD, and even some addiction treatment.

If you really want to see something alarming, take a look at the DEA drug schedules.

Marijuana is Schedule 1
                              Cocaine, meth, oxycontin, and Ritalin is a schedule 2
                              Ketamine is a schedule 3
                              Xanax is a schedule 4

That is a seriously bizarre schedule when you start looking at what research has shown the results of taking some of the lesser schedule drugs can do to the mind and body. It seems more influenced by politics than science.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                              I am ready to legalize it I have PTSD and suffering insomnia, I don't have it when I smoke mj
                              And the wife suffers from a L7 spinal fusion
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-14-2017, 03:41 PM.

Comment

My left knee hurts when its going to rain..

Comment

Working...
                                X