Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hornady

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Hornady Precision hunter 178 ELDX should be money in that gun since you already shoot the 178 AMAX (which has been discontinued and replaced with the ELDM/ELDX bullets).
    Never have had good luck with loaded hornady ammo for some reason. The black hills has the eld-x bullet loaded in it and black hills has a good reputation for being very consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
      Never have had good luck with loaded hornady ammo for some reason. The black hills has the eld-x bullet loaded in it and black hills has a good reputation for being very consistent.
      No doubt Black Hills is quality. My factory 700 5R loved the Precision hunter and oddly enough the Hornady Black Ammo as well. I know a lot of people have had issues with the Hornady Superformance.

Comment

I have a very similar rifle with the exact rate of twist in a Brux tube. Mine will shoot 178s but it is 1 to 1.25 MOA at best. It absolutely SHINES with the 165-175s as it should (0.158 MOA). I have never gone as low as the 150s but they may be outside the 1:11.25's purview.

I have a load for 165 Hornady SP that will shoot nickel-sized groups at 200 if you have the time to get to the range with it. I'd be happy to send it to you when I get home. It also happens to hit deer like a bolt of lightening.

Comment

ive been shooting choice ammo for a while now and I am really happy with the offerings and prices. plus every round is handloaded.
          Choice Ammunition carries top-quality 308 Winchester ammo for hunting and sport shooting. Buy your ammo online today.

Comment

Those prices aren’t bad at all for hand loaded Ammo. Mass produced commercial is higher than that in most cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hornady Precision hunter 178 ELDX should be money in that gun since you already shoot the 178 AMAX (which has been discontinued and replaced with the ELDM/ELDX bullets).
              Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
              I've had mixed results through the years but will say my Savage likes this ammo really well and it's priced right. Most any Academy or that outdoors store on Buss. 59 should have it on hand, Victoria All Sports I believe...?

I'm headed to El Campo Sunday to shoot a ladder with the 168 ELD myself.

Comment

This. Done.

Woah wait wow...

Comment

Man, with a rig like that you ought to be reloading. Look for the 178ELDX. If you haven’t tried Hornady ammo recently, maybe try again as they have improved with the recent influx of long range interest.

Comment

180 gr Accubond

Comment

The one that shoots.
                      VLDX is a great start.

Comment

Those prices aren’t bad at all for hand loaded Ammo. Mass produced commercial is higher than that in most cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's no lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well yesterday I went out and shot the Black Hills they grouped a 1/2" left of my hand loads and they did very well at 100 yds, 3 shots right at 1/2" center to center not as good as my loads but very good for factory loads. I also shot 1 round at 500 yd steel plate and nailed it almost dead center. My range was a mess from Harvey only my 100 yd target remained UP. I will load some pics this evening if I remember.

Comment

Which blackhills did you go with? I have basically the same rifle and it shoots the 175 FGMM really well. The Hornady precision hunter not quite as well.

Comment

Gold 178 gr ELD-X

Comment

So the ammo turned out great hit like a hammer took this guy at 480 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X