Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    We turned on our headlights and headed for the gate andPoacher got away before I could get a visual on the truck or license plate. ****** me off.
    Call the game warden anyway. Let them know where and what time. They will keep an eye out and might could even put out a decoy and catch them.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
      Call the game warden anyway. Let them know where and what time. They will keep an eye out and might could even put out a decoy and catch them.
      Yep. We did.

Comment

Originally posted by shane View Post
        yep. We did.
        👍

Comment

Anybody else hunting this weekend? Deer sightings are slim to none.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post

It was really slow for me last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My daughter got her first deer ever last weekend, using mommas crossbow. It was an exciting hunt and we had to literally wait 20 minutes or so before she could get a shot at him. I think she went through buck fever 5 times in those 20+ minutes . Her Daddy had it too. I got it on video and am having a shoulder mount done since it's her first deer.
              Attached Files

Comment

Awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Congrats to both of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome!!! Congrats on a nice buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                      We saw a lot of deer feeding at night. Stopped hunting feeders and focused on water holes and oaks and saw more action during the day. We need some cold weather!!

Comment

That's awesome Sackett ! We didn't kill anything over the weekend but we had a lot of action.

Comment

Just got back this afternoon. The place is really green and acorns everywhere!! I'm pretty sure it's going to be pretty tough hunting until December.

Comment

Just a heads up for anyone hunting down Harrell road we have found a couple road hunted deer just shot and left out for the buzzards on our places. GW thinks it might be kids joy riding.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward54 View Post
                              Just a heads up for anyone hunting down Harrell road we have found a couple road hunted deer just shot and left out for the buzzards on our places. GW thinks it might be kids joy riding.

I've never hunted in an area with a bigger poaching problem. I've never hunted in East Texas, so I don't know if it's worse there or not. But it's ridiculous in Sutton County. GW thinks the problem around our lease is some hunters from the Houston area, but he can't prove it. So maybe it is spillover from East Texas? Sounds like the GWs are gonna step up their efforts to catch them soon though, according to my landowner. I hope they do, and I hope they nail some poachers to the wall.

Comment

I met a guy from Comfort about 5 years ago who told me that at one point in time, there was only one game warden that covered the 4 surrounding counties. That is a lot of land for one officer. The guy said you could get away with murder out there. Kids drive through the outskirts of town and shoot deer out of peoples' front yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X