Boy Scouts will allow girls to join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    Knot in America? We're you being serious about removing the apostrophe out of we're?
    Yes. With the apostrophe it makes the word a past partynipple but with the apostrophe it becomes a conjugational visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
      Yes. With the apostrophe it makes the word a past partynipple but with the apostrophe it becomes a conjugation.
      Ahhhh, know I see. I was preying someone would cheque on my grammar.

Aisle try to keep that in mind next thyme.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        JSweet is a smart guy. I am starting to think he was just joking. Dunno—I don't wanna get kilt.

Comment

Do the Boy Scouts still get to eat the Brownies

Comment

Just some facts amid a lot of speculation presented here.
            • Boy Scout troops won't be integrated under the new plan.
            • A separate program will be established for girls to participate in parallel to Boy Scouts that will allow girls to work on and achieve the Eagle rank.
            • Cub Scout packs will be integrated if the pack decides they want to, but won't be forced to.
            • Girls have been involved with Boy Scouting, through the Venturing program, since 1969.
            • The entire rest of the world has completely integrated Scouting programs.

Now, my personal opinion based on my time as a scout, Eagle scout, and currently as an Assistant Scout Master. Nothing is going to change unless you want it to change. I don't expect our mid sized troop to create a girls program unless a large group of parents show up and want to take on running it. Not that I have a problem with it personally I just have my hands full helping to run the current troop.

If our troop did start such a program the things I see changing are largely superficial. Meetings will be separate, although probably at the same location and time. I can see Courts of Honor being held together because that's a large family event and I expect families will have kids in both programs. Camping trips will be separate, except for maybe summer camp. But this last summer at Lost Pines summer camp probably 1/4 of the scout staffers were girls from Venture and Sea Scouts. So having girls at summer camp won't be a change.

I do have a 10 year old daughter who left Girl Scouts because she was bored and disappointed she wasn't doing the things her brother is doing in Boy Scouts. If she choose to join ,whatever Boy Scouts is going to call it's girls program, I would help her and be happy for her. I think the self reliance, leadership, teamwork, and planning that Boy Scouts teaches can also be beneficial to girls.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              Knot in America? We're you being serious about removing the apostrophe out of we're?
              This has gone some wier over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                Just some facts amid a lot of speculation presented here.
                • Boy Scout troops won't be integrated under the new plan.
                • A separate program will be established for girls to participate in parallel to Boy Scouts that will allow girls to work on and achieve the Eagle rank.
                • Cub Scout packs will be integrated if the pack decides they want to, but won't be forced to.
                • Girls have been involved with Boy Scouting, through the Venturing program, since 1969.
                • The entire rest of the world has completely integrated Scouting programs.

Now, my personal opinion based on my time as a scout, Eagle scout, and currently as an Assistant Scout Master. Nothing is going to change unless you want it to change. I don't expect our mid sized troop to create a girls program unless a large group of parents show up and want to take on running it. Not that I have a problem with it personally I just have my hands full helping to run the current troop.

If our troop did start such a program the things I see changing are largely superficial. Meetings will be separate, although probably at the same location and time. I can see Courts of Honor being held together because that's a large family event and I expect families will have kids in both programs. Camping trips will be separate, except for maybe summer camp. But this last summer at Lost Pines summer camp probably 1/4 of the scout staffers were girls from Venture and Sea Scouts. So having girls at summer camp won't be a change.

I do have a 10 year old daughter who left Girl Scouts because she was bored and disappointed she wasn't doing the things her brother is doing in Boy Scouts. If she choose to join ,whatever Boy Scouts is going to call it's girls program, I would help her and be happy for her. I think the self reliance, leadership, teamwork, and planning that Boy Scouts teaches can also be beneficial to girls.

So, it's a membership drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                  So, it's a membership drive?
                  No, although that's been speculated. I think it's more to do with seeing a potential segment that's not being served by scouting and filling that niche. No doubt that additional numbers will be a good thing financially.

Comment

Working...
                  X