No announcement yet.

Any Tundra owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love mine. Tows stuff like a champ, light and hard to get stuck so it does well when I'm at our land when it's muddy/swampy. I have 167K on mine and the only problem I've had is I had to get my starter changed around 160K.
    But it does have bad gas mileage. I got a 4.5" lift on 35's with full replacement front and rear bumpers so I'm getting about 10mpg
    Last edited by Stick'n'String; 09-11-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Just bought one a month ago after 3 Tacomas. Bought a 2017 Double-cab.

Pros - love the extra space and drives great. I have never traded or sold my Toyotas with negative equity, hold value very well. Read the Tundra forums, all about upgrades and fun stuff to do, not about problems. Got a great deal. Plenty of power.

Cons - not real good on gas, it is what it is, no underseat or behind seat storage like my Tacomas (but see pic below for fix). Lastly, should have waited for the 2018's as they added a few features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
        Just as I figured it's awesome

Harvey flooded my FX4 and I figured with my payoff I'd get it ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
          Harvey flooded my FX4 and I figured with my payoff I'd get it ready to go.

Hey might as well

Comment

Originally posted by Btturbo View Post
            Just bought one a month ago after 3 Tacomas. Read the Tundra forums, all about upgrades and fun stuff to do, not about problems. Got a great deal.
            How DARE you speak of those we aren't supposed to say stuff about......but seeing how you already let the cat out of the bag...what's your forum of choice? I've been looking around for a Texas Local Forum.

Comment

I have a 2013
              The only issue I have had is the front door locks went out. It's a pain but cost too much to fix right now

Comment

Have an 07 crewmax 4wd with 165k miles, haven't had a single issue, not even a bulb replacement. The Beast ha gotten me out of some scary muddy places and hauled elk out of the mountains. I love this truck

Comment

What kind of lift did you get, was it done at the dealership?

I am about to purchase and am torn between getting the SR5 TSS 4x4, lifting it at the dealership or waiting another month for the TRD Sport 4x4 and keeping the bilstien shocks which are supposed to be great.

Comment

That is a good looking truck

Comment

2015 crew 4x4 limited, display shows 13.3 but I really get 11.5!

Comment

2012 RockWarrior Crew Max 4x4. 3" front 1"back leveling kit. Absolutely love the truck since I bought it off the lot. Gas milelage is poor but I didn't buy the truck for fuel efficiency. I do a lot of beach fishing in Matagorda and it is an absolute monster in the sand. Only issue I have had is the actuators on the doors. Replaced a few under warranty and have not had any problems since.

Comment

Gas mileage is horrible.The tank is small.The truck is awesome,but filling up every 250 miles sux.

Comment

How DARE you speak of those we aren't supposed to say stuff about......but seeing how you already let the cat out of the bag...what's your forum of choice? I've been looking around for a Texas Local Forum.
                            Shhh....you didn't hear it from me....Tundratalk.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                              Gas mileage is horrible.The tank is small.The truck is awesome,but filling up every 250 miles sux.
                              Definitely get the 38 gallon tank.

Comment

15 crew max, 118,000 miles and replaced battery to date. Pulled lots, filled bed full (250 gallon tote full, handled well). Mpg is 16ish mix, towing mpg is terrible. Only wish is fuel tank is larger like new models.

Comment

Working...
                                X