This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    I really like Reagor. He's going to be a good one. I was hoping Texas flipped him late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I was surprised TCU was able to hold onto him. I saw him play the second game of his junior year in HS and was shocked TCU hadn't offered him at that point. Guy was super athletic. Not overly physical, but reminds me of a Stephen Smith type guy at that age.

Texas is loaded at receiver anyways!

Comment

Coach Frank Broyles died today at 92. A long life of influencing the lives of young men and others around him. Prayers up for friends and family. RIP Coach.

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
        coach frank broyles died today at 92. A long life of influencing the lives of young men and others around him. Prayers up for friends and family. Rip coach.
        rip!!

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
          Coach Frank Broyles died today at 92. A long life of influencing the lives of young men and others around him. Prayers up for friends and family. RIP Coach.
          One of the all time greats. Wonder if Barry Switzer paid his respects.....

Comment

Not to change the subject, but Isaiah Chambers just tweeted he is transferring from TCU. I had heard there was some issues, but this is a big blow. Hope it works out for the kid, he's been through a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
              One of the all time greats. Wonder if Barry Switzer paid his respects.....
              Why wouldn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                Check that, he's still rehabbing.

Another Herman note: Expect to see a 2 deep at week's end, "You'll see some scholarship guys on the scout team"...
                Is it just me, or does it sound kind of eerily similar to Strongs approach. Didn't he clean house and shake things up when he got there and everone thought it was going to be great...only to not be?

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                  Is it just me, or does it sound kind of eerily similar to Strongs approach. Didn't he clean house and shake things up when he got there and everone thought it was going to be great...only to not be?
                  He's not cleaning house IMO. Tons of talent on campus. I see it as more of getting the guys where they belong.

The Texas guys will chime in I'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    Why wouldn't he?
                    Broyles attributed his retirement to Switzer's cheating. I was just making a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                      Not even close to the same. Anyone 3rd string is what Herman calls scout team
                      Last edited by bdchorn; 08-14-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Not even close to the same. Anyone 3rd string is what Herman calls scout team
                        Scout team will be playing a lot this year, for everyone

Comment

Broyles attributed his retirement to Switzer's cheating. I was just making a joke
                          Never heard that one. Link?
                          Last edited by oktx; 08-14-2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            He's not cleaning house IMO. Tons of talent on campus. I see it as more of getting the guys where they belong.

The Texas guys will chime in I'm sure

This.

There is some talent there but some bread too. They are sorting it out. The one thing I have picked up on is you take plays off, loaf, and are not tough you will quickly be exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              This.

There is some talent there but some bread too. They are sorting it out. The one thing I have picked up on is you take plays off, loaf, and are not tough you will quickly be exposed.
                              This is what I have seen as an outsider. There are always misses, etc. Even though I know that was Charlie's 'gimmick', this seems like more of a hard line from TH. I think there will be a learning curve from the game management side of things(as with every coach), but I believe this will be a much more disciplined Longhorn team....he has Frankenstien to deal with, lets see if he is the mad scientist!
                              Last edited by eradicator; 08-14-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X