Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comfort area WT , hogs, turkey,

Comment

We are headed to our lease in Mt. Home this weekend to gets some work done. We'll look for some Axis and pigs while we are there.

Comment

If anyone is around mountain home on opening weekend stop by my ranch for a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One place right outside comfort and the other is outside center point- WT, axis, ducks, dove, turkey, and pigs

Comment

Originally posted by rwkiel View Post
            One place right outside comfort and the other is outside center point- WT, axis, ducks, dove, turkey, and pigs

I wish I had ducks but the price for dissing a good size pond is outrageous in our area. My neighbors across 41 from me have a large pond and I always see ducks on it during winter. What kind of ducks land at yalls property?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
              My place is off hwy 41 about 7 miles west of mountain home

I am just a little further west on 41 right across where1340 intersects

Comment

We don't have a lot at one time but they seem to cycle through pretty consistently. Mainly just gadwalls, although we just had some black belly whistling ducks on the property about a month ago. They were pretty cool, but I've never seen them in season.

Comment

Originally posted by wooman View Post
                  I am just a little further west on 41 right across where1340 intersects

Your right down the road from me I'm onn41 where ponderosa ranch road meets 41 by the old rest stop.

Comment

We are just barely in Kerr county outside of Harper. Been hunting the area now for about 12 years. On opening morning of archery season we normally meet up with dejashoot to eat lunch at the Longhorn in Harper.

-john

Comment

I have owned my ranch for 13 years and still haven't been to Harper.

Comment

I heard y'all got some rain down there- they got 2.5" in comfort. Anyone in the area report more? Our tanks outside center point are in bad shape and desperately need rain. I'm hoping this recent rain means I don't have to fill the troughs, but I might anyway.

Comment

I heard that our place in Hunt got around 2.5 also. Hopefully a little standing water still

Comment

I plan on applying for a grant to fund the rework of a few tanks. Something changed after the flood in May 2016. I can't explain it but they (one in particular) go dry much faster than other tanks in the area.

Anyone else have any luck with that?

Comment

I hunt in the SE corner of Kimble county. Probably could hit Kerr county with my rifle ��

Was just out there last weekend. Population looks good and range conditions above average for this time of year.

Comment

We did get rain....

Some places more than others, but the general consensus is anywhere from 2-3" county wide. We needed it desperately not only to fill tanks, but to reduce the fire danger.

Comment

Working...
                                X