The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
    We hunt out of Luna. Are you hunting with an outfitter?
    No sir we have ranch only tags it's diy. We have a cabin and hunt 10,000 acres
    Have not killed an elk yet but usually 1-2 guys kill or have opportunities.

Comment

I heard about heathers choice on the exo podcast. She's outta Alaska right

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
        I heard about heathers choice on the exo podcast. She's outta Alaska right
        Yes, packoons are really good, buckwheat edible, salmon is good...

Other stuff not so much,

Hawks vittles is my Favorite, but he can be a little slow.

Comment

Headed to CO unit 80 tomorrow for a vacation/scouting trip. Hopefully it will give this first timer a slightly better chance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man it's great when they understand and encourage the obsession

Comment

Wait until you've been married a decade, there will be no "baby" and she will pack your bags for you and kick your arse out the door!!! It's great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                Wait until you've been married a decade, there will be no "baby" and she will pack your bags for you and kick your arse out the door!!! It's great!!!
                God I hope thats true. Im in the phase where i get **** anytime I want to be gone over night lol

Although she sucks it up like a champ.

Comment

The word is that we are supposed to have a cool fall. Already had snow on monarch pass and I think a little is going to be up on pikes peak after this rainy fog clears

Comment

X2. Except, I seemed to always acquire a new piece of home furniture when I return home.

Comment

Yep, just got a new couch!!!! WORTH IT!

Comment

Yep, just got a new couch!!!! WORTH IT!

Hey my wife's on here and y'all are teaching her bad habits

Comment

In about 30 days I will be headed to the mountains !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
                            Hey my wife's on here and y'all are teaching her bad habits
                            Welcome to the botherhood... lol

Comment

11 days for me and I'll be on the mountain. Can't wait

Comment

Does anyone know where I could possibly snag a cow tag in New Mexico or the southern half of Colorado? I know I can go OTC but looking for an outfitter or landowner that could point me in the correct direction so that I can get close to them and learn. At this point I have never even seen an elk with my own eyes so looking for a way to accelerate that learning while also having a good chance of not going home without meat.

Comment

Working...
                                X