The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
    Honestly because I will most likely be covering 6-10 miles a day and will be worn out when I get back to camp at night. Won't be eating any lunch in camp because we will be hunting all day. I will take stuff for a few good meals but a lot of it will be easy stuff. That said it will still be WAY better than mountain house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Understood..Best of luck.

Comment

Bull Crap!!! You are going to be drinking Coors Lites and listening to Freebird every night! I know I would!

You are freak'n day hunting, take whatever you want. That country isn't high, it is steep going up it, but then you do nothing but run the tops of those ridges. But, you will be covering a ton of country, make sure you take what you like to eat amigo, you are going to be so tired at the end of the day covering that many miles. Just eat whatever you want. Hell, protein powder and donuts if you need it.

What are your hunt dates again??? I'm going fly fishing in Fairplay, CO the second weekend of Sept, but maybe I can knock off the next weekend early and call for you guys. Shoot me a text tomorrow.

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
      Honestly because I will most likely be covering 6-10 miles a day and will be worn out when I get back to camp at night. Won't be eating any lunch in camp because we will be hunting all day. I will take stuff for a few good meals but a lot of it will be easy stuff. That said it will still be WAY better than mountain house.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
        Bull Crap!!! You are going to be drinking Coors Lites and listening to Freebird every night! I know I would!

You are freak'n day hunting, take whatever you want. That country isn't high, it is steep going up it, but then you do nothing but run the tops of those ridges. But, you will be covering a ton of country, make sure you take what you like to eat amigo, you are going to be so tired at the end of the day covering that many miles. Just eat whatever you want. Hell, protein powder and donuts if you need it.

What are your hunt dates again??? I'm going fly fishing in Fairplay, CO the second weekend of Sept, but maybe I can knock off the next weekend early and call for you guys. Shoot me a text tomorrow.

No I'm taking a bottle of whiskey lol maybe Pappy haha

Comment

I'm never going back to hunt OTC elk in Colorado, if I draw 76 or something like that, game on. But will only hunt deer in Colorado for the foreseeable future.

Yes, go to Idaho, it is freak'n awesome!!! Buy an elk tag and put it on a deer or bear, and then buy another elk tag!!! Steep arse country, but not as high. Oh wait, nevermind, the wolves done et all of them.

I would have a place in the Hailey/Ketchum area any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Fantastic country!!!

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
          Starting to eye Idaho now also in addition to Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
            I'm never going back to hunt OTC elk in Colorado, if I draw 76 or something like that, game on. But will only hunt deer in Colorado for the foreseeable future.

Yes, go to Idaho, it is freak'n awesome!!! Buy an elk tag and put it on a deer or bear, and then buy another elk tag!!! Steep arse country, but not as high. Oh wait, nevermind, the wolves done et all of them.

I would have a place in the Hailey/Ketchum area any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Fantastic country!!!

I fly through Boise pretty often. Every descent, all I can think is how fun the hunting must be in that area....

Comment

Who is going to be hunting NM unit 15 second season? I will be there sept 17th thru 24th.

Comment

Anybody hunting Colorado Unit 53. BobG and I along with our boys are gonna hit it. I have never been to unit 53 and it's been a number of years for Bob. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Pernell,
                  I will be in unit 15 second season we hunt south of Pie town will be my third year.
                  wade

Comment

Well I am going to go do a little elk warm up with Brett c for pronghorn in august. It's getting so close!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                      Anybody hunting Colorado Unit 53. BobG and I along with our boys are gonna hit it. I have never been to unit 53 and it's been a number of years for Bob. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
                      I'm in 55 just to the easy of you

Comment

Originally posted by wade View Post
                        Pernell,
                        I will be in unit 15 second season we hunt south of Pie town will be my third year.
                        wade
                        We hunt out of Luna. Are you hunting with an outfitter?

Comment

Headed up for the first time to Unit 78 9/18-9/24. We've got a private camp and will have some guides helping out from Fish Creek. Have any of y'all ever used Fish Creek outfitters?

Comment

Lol darnnn 78 got popular. Very very steep high altitude hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                              I'm sampling food. I decided to deviate on my last trip last year and I went with heathers choice. outside the salmon and buckwheat nothing else was edible.

I had the same experience, it was tough to choke down.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                                I had the same experience, it was tough to choke down.

I'm pretty sure the Idaho bears and chipmunks didn't even touch it. I lived off condition one bars, buckwheat and lots of yeti.

Comment

Working...
                                X