Echo 58 volt Trimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo 58 volt Trimmer

Today I said goodbye to the gas powered Stihl that's gave me so much grief and cost me money over the years. It's been a booger to start but did run good once started. Seems that I've had to work on it almost every time I got ready to use it. I've got an Echo chainsaw and an Echo backpack leaf blower that will start every time within no more than 5 pulls no matter how long they've set.

So today I went to buy a new gas Echo but thought I'd try this battery powered trimmer first. I came home, charged the battery and went to work. This thing will cut like a boss and I weedeated for a good 45 minutes and still had 3 out of 4 lights left on the battery. 5 year warranty, no gas, no oil, no more pulling on the thing. Pop the battery in, pull the trigger and get to work. So far, I'm very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been running mine fairly hard going on my second year and really like it. I also got the edger attachment and really like it also..

Comment

I've got an Echo mini tiller, weed eater and a leaf blower. I also had an edger and hedge trimmer when I was mowing yards on the side. Ive put all of them through the ringer and have never had any issues. Ive been thinking when it is time to replace them, I may go the battery powered route as well. It just seems like less maintenance and possibility of problems!

Comment

When they get that hard to start, eBay is your friend. Try a $10-$15 replacement carb. Issues after that??? Time to go....

Comment

I went with a battery powered hedge trimmers.
          Black and Decker. 20v. They have been great...
          My weed eater, is next..

Comment

I have the 58V Echo Chainsaw. It was just what I needed out of a chainsaw. I would never go back to gas unless I really needed something big

Comment

I've thought about buying that blower for my Tree Service and keeping a charger in the truck. good to hear some good reviews!

Comment

Good to hear. I've been debating buying a battery blower.

Comment

Got my battery powered echo weedeater back in the spring and I love it. Like you said, tons of power and battery life is good. You will love no gas, no pulling string, no ear plugs.

Comment

I got one of the EGo 56 volt trimmers on sale for $150, and it has more power than my gas trimmer. Got the extended warranty at Home Depot, so I don't have to worry about batteries going bad for 5 years.

Comment

I have both as there are advantages and disadvantages. The BIG thing I learned about gas-powered is use the pre-mix fuel ! TOO much Ethanol in gas from a gas station and it will work for the 1st couple of times but after that GUM-Up the carburetor .. and then it's repair time. Unless you can find Ethanol free gas .. Go with the pre-mix..

Comment

Originally posted by TxNurse View Post
                        I got one of the EGo 56 volt trimmers on sale for $150, and it has more power than my gas trimmer. Got the extended warranty at Home Depot, so I don't have to worry about batteries going bad for 5 years.
                        I have had two of the EGo blowers for about a year (one for the lake and one for the house). On Saturday I bought the hedge trimmer and my wife told me to go ahead and get the weed eater. I put both to the test on Sunday and was really surprised by how well they worked. Especially the hedge trimmer. I will keep my Stihl weed eater for the tough jobs but, I really like the convenience of the battery power. Just grab and go.

Comment

I am really considering going this way after all the problems I have had with my Craftsman 4 stroke weed eater. It has been in the shop longer than I have had time to use it! I would probably go with the DeWalt brand since I already have all their products, chargers, and batteries.

Comment

I have a Ryobi Li trimmer and it has been great. It is only 18v but I picked it because it's light weight in case my wife has to use it. We only trim around the house, backyard fence, and shed. Not our full 2 acres. So the small size works great for our situation. I only use my push mower for our small fenced in 30x40 back yard, so I may even go battery on that as well. I have a riding mower for the rest of the yard.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                              I have a Ryobi Li trimmer and it has been great. It is only 18v but I picked it because it's light weight in case my wife has to use it. We only trim around the house, backyard fence, and shed. Not our full 2 acres. So the small size works great for our situation. I only use my push mower for our small fenced in 30x40 back yard, so I may even go battery on that as well. I have a riding mower for the rest of the yard.

I initially bought the 18 volt Ryobi since I have other Ryobi power tools but I took it back. IMO, that thing wouldn't cut diddly squat and even though it was light, it was very awkward to handle which hurt my back. Battery wouldn't stay charged very long and the job took 3 x's longer than it should. This 58 volt Echo is the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X