No announcement yet.

Shop build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand for sure. I luckily got drawn for Elk first season this October. I'm hurrying to get my shop done so I can start building deer blinds. Our lease got hit by a tornado in Rotan about a month back or so. We lost several blinds.
    I'm gonna hit the sack. Keep us posted on the shop brother. Good luck with Mother Nature. She's not always cooperative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well that does suck pretty bad!

Thank ya sir and good luck on your elk hunt, good luck with the house and shop and good luck getting the blinds built!

Comment

Concrete showed up at 7:00 this morning and they were done and gone by 2:30. I've never had concrete poured before but to me, this looks like a great job! They did everything I asked them to do, plus some and never complained about it.

First truck
        Click image for larger version

Name:	shop13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	24499115

Name:	shop14.jpg
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	24499116

Name:	shop15.jpg
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	24499117
        The finished product

Name:	shop16.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	24499118
        They used my stamp and it turned out nice!

Name:	shop17.jpg
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	24499119
        Had to add a little bit to the back porch for momma!

Name:	shop18.jpg
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	24499120
        Here is a quick little video of them getting rolling!

Comment

That is exactly the size I need! The only thing I'd need in there would be plumbing so I don't have to shower outside . Will be following.

Comment

Looks great! And I see you've got a metal roof on your house. I might PM you a couple of questions later on, we're getting ready to build and I've been eyeing those.

Comment

I like the drone video idea. Very cool. Looks great

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                That is exactly the size I need! The only thing I'd need in there would be plumbing so I don't have to shower outside . Will be following.
                I'm going to have a small bathroom with a shower, toilet, sink and along with a water heater! It's going to be 6' X 8'. If you look really close, you can see the stub ups along 1 wall.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                  Looks great! And I see you've got a metal roof on your house. I might PM you a couple of questions later on, we're getting ready to build and I've been eyeing those.
                  Feel free to PM me anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                    I like the drone video idea. Very cool. Looks great

Thanks! I'm still learning to fly it so my videos are fair but getting better.

Comment

So jealous, starting to save now for mine... Looks great

Comment

Looks great, congrats.

I am hoping to start one soon. Mine will only be 24x36 or 30x40 though. Budget and space confines. We only have 2 acres and I don't want to take up anymore than I think I need for the shop.

Comment

I've been waiting a long time to have one myself so I'm pretty excited about it.

Can't wait to get rolling on it!

Comment

Looks good so far. I recently purchased some property and trying to figure if it's cheaper to order one of the steel frame kits or just build it myself. Planning on something not so big. Maybe a 30'X50'X12' eve's and 10X40 lean too.

Comment

I had 2 quote's to build a 40 X 60, all wood for around $36k. I should be able to finish mine with a 40 X 78(40X18 more slab) slab, all metal for around $26k or less.
                              I'm doing everything myself, except the concrete.

Comment

That's more than likely the route I'll go. Lots of failed drill pipe around these parts for sale cheap on Craigslist list right now. I can do all the dirt work and maybe even pre form the foundation. But will need some finishers for the concrete.

Comment

Working...
                                X