Kodi Add-ons in trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kodi Add-ons in trouble

Kodi and specifically the add-ons we love have been getting a lot of negative attention lately. Add-ons seem to be bailing so they don't get caught up in the law suits. I have had a fit trying to stream lately on Exodus, Phoenix and Salts. It says stream unavailable on everything we try to watch. I know others have said their's works fine. Is this the beginning of the end for using Kodi in this way? Here are just a few of the many articles in recent days..

KODI ADD-ONS have started to fold under the increased pressure, as a new court order could finally put an end to illegal live sport and movie streams.

In recent weeks numerous Kodi add-ons have disappeared, and the popular site TVAddons also suffered the same fate. It had been presumed that the disappearances were related to a lawsuit taken out b…
    Last edited by Pineywoods; 06-21-2017, 01:49 PM.

I've had the same experience and been meaning to post up on here about it. Many of mine say I have to log in to an additional server to watch. Not liking this one bit

Comment

Mine bit the dust.

Comment

That sucks. It was inevitable though. I'm just glad I never bought one and messed with it.

Comment

I thought it was just mine for a while. I updated to the 17.3 and it worked great for a few weeks until a week or so ago. Then I started reading about the shutdowns and potential legal issues for these providers. I already hated Dish Network and now they have to go and sue and scare off these add-on providers. You suck Dish!

Comment

Im glad i bought mine. Even if it dies.....ive watched so much its paid for itself. Mine cost 2 months worth of cable. Ive had it for longer than that.

I mean come on.....where else can you watch a movie still in the theater and hear people talking and choking on popcorn....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
              I thought it was just mine for a while. I updated to the 17.3 and it worked great for a few weeks until a week or so ago. Then I started reading about the shutdowns and potential legal issues for these providers. I already hated Dish Network and now they have to go and sue and scare off these add-on providers. You suck Dish!
              I was looking at getting Sling TV but then I saw Dish owns them and was like "nope, nope, nope."

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlewax View Post
                Im glad i bought mine. Even if it dies.....ive watched so much its paid for itself. Mine cost 2 months worth of cable. Ive had it for longer than that.

I mean come on.....where else can you watch a movie still in the theater and hear people talking and choking on popcorn....lol
                Yep we paid $75 for ours over a year ago and have gotten our money's worth to say the least. Guess Netflix and Hulu will have to cut it from now on. I knew when I bought it that it would just be a matter of time though.

Comment

I wonder why i have absolutely no idea what this thread is about.
                  I really need to catch up with modern society

Comment

Mine works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      I wonder why i have absolutely no idea what this thread is about.
                      I really need to catch up with modern society
                      You aren't alone.

Comment

I still have Specto working. Do you guys use real-debrid? It allows the addons to find more and more reliable links. It costs $10 for 90 days. Exodus is working for me too. All except the trakt integration. Specto has the integration working.

Comment

Im using realdebrid and dont have any issues. It has been well worth the $3/mo

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                            Yep we paid $75 for ours over a year ago and have gotten our money's worth to say the least. Guess Netflix and Hulu will have to cut it from now on. I knew when I bought it that it would just be a matter of time though.
                            I have a friend from the NE that builds the dragon box and ships it to you. He preloads all the apps and add ons. It was a sweet deal for what i paid. I dont think hes doing it anymore.....which tells me its on the way out. I knew going in it would be a crap shoot. However it has lasted longer than i expected so im happy.

Comment

Mine still working fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X