No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We finally got our timed Protein feeders out. Finally retired all of our gravity protein feeders. Was a great weekend out with the pops. We are officially ready for season again. Did not see any exotics this trip out, nothing even on camera so not sure where they moved off too.
    Attached Files

Comment

Shot this one at our place off or cr405 on Friday.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
        Shot this one at our place off or cr405 on Friday.
        Thats a beast right there.

Comment

That's a big porker DuckDog.

Had a nice weekend in SE Edwards county. Sunday we had a storm park over us and drop 1.5" of rain. I had TBHr the Cajun with me and we mostly relaxed with a little bit of rifle hunting the late evenings watching over draws. We aren't running feeders right now and probably won't until July or August depending on rain. All (5-6) whitetail does we saw we're still pregnant

Cajun and I each killed a pig and I also shot a younger sika buck for meat. One of the prettiest pelts I've seen so I'll be sending it in.

Never seen an axis with an antler like this...

Glassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Patton; 05-30-2017, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Is the Axis rut going on now in the Sonora area?

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
              That's a big porker DuckDog.

Had a nice weekend in SE Edwards county. Sunday we had a storm park over us and drop 1.5" of rain. I had TBHr the Cajun with me and we mostly relaxed with a little bit of rifle hunting the late evenings watching over draws. We aren't running feeders right now and probably won't until July or August depending on rain. All (5-6) whitetail does we saw we're still pregnant

Cajun and I each killed a pig and I also shot a younger sika buck for meat. One of the prettiest pelts I've seen so I'll be sending it in.

Never seen an axis with an antler like this...

Glassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Could that be a Sika Antler? Cool pictures

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                Could that be a Sika Antler? Cool pictures
                My bad attempt at a joke- it is actually an elk shed

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                  My bad attempt at a joke- it is actually an elk shed
                  Went over my head!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
                    Shane
                    Are you hunting out here now? If so would love to buy you and your son lunch in Roosevelt/Junction or Sonora the next time ya'll are down. Baseball(Coaching) is almost over for me, and Ty(youngest son) had his final Varsity Football Scrimmage last Friday so we should be heading down in the next cpl of weeks..Here is my # text me when ya'll might be going down next month.

Eric
                    817-480-3969
                    Yep, we leased a place west of Roosevelt. I'd love to get together with y'all, Eric. I'll holler at you next time we're there (hopefully soon).

Comment

We were gonna hunt this weekend, but our place has had about 4" of rain over the last few days. Lots of roads look like lakes. More rain in the forecast for the weekend, so we're gonna wait til it dries out.

Comment

Protein hogs are out in full force.

Comment

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Well, I guess I get to participate in this thread now, since I now live 4 miles out of Sonora!!!! Can't wait to see how things go here! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
                            We finally got our timed Protein feeders out. Finally retired all of our gravity protein feeders. Was a great weekend out with the pops. We are officially ready for season again. Did not see any exotics this trip out, nothing even on camera so not sure where they moved off too.
                            How are you liking the timed protein units? Deer adjust to them pretty easy compared to your gravity feeders?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Yep, we leased a place west of Roosevelt. I'd love to get together with y'all, Eric. I'll holler at you next time we're there (hopefully soon).

Welcome! We need to have TBH meet and greet at Simon Brothers one of these weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                                Well, I guess I get to participate in this thread now, since I now live 4 miles out of Sonora!!!! Can't wait to see how things go here! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Bisch
                                Nice! So that's where you settled rather than Aspermont area?

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                                Welcome! We need to have TBH meet and greet at Simon Brothers one of these weekends.
                                We're leaving tomorrow to hunt this weekend. I'm figuring on having lunch at Simon Bros. on Saturday. If you two and Eric and anyone else can make it for lunch then, that'd be cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X