• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
    It's the BEST!
    For the money, I think it stole the show. Had better but for waayyy more

Comment

Anybody have a bottle of this I could buy?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heathbar_tx View Post
        There good whiskey coming out of out MPG. The only problem I have is when companies try to hide that they purchased from them.

Exactly...But dont label it like you made it when you didnt. I dont care who makes it. If it's good its good and good job. Not knocking MGP. Isnt that the only place still putting out the old segrams 7 blend?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
          Exactly...But dont label it like you made it when you didnt. I dont care who makes it. If it's good its good and good job. Not knocking MGP. Isnt that the only place still putting out the old segrams 7 blend?

I don't know about the 7. Truthfully there's a lot that goes into it after it leaves MPG. Look at how many use the same mash bill but taste completely different.

Comment

I'm gonna say it again..Pendleton Whisky..My, oh my...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard to beat a bottle of Weller 12!!! Single barrel jack is pretty tasty as well.

Comment

I was at total wine yesterday looking in the bourbon section, and one of their employees asked what I was looking for. I said I was just browsing. He suggested I try the Two Star bourbon. I've seen it before, but tried it. Anyway he talked me into it. Driving home I regretted the purchase, what did this young kid know about bourbon. Last night I tried some neat, and was pleasantly surprised. It was quite good.

Comment

Last year I spent 4 days in Kentucky touring about 4 distilleries a day, as well as a barrel manufacturer. Sampled so many different bourbons, wish I would have taken tasting notes on all of them. Four Roses small batch, and Fours Roses single barrel were two of my favorites. I highly recommend doing the Kentucky bourbon trail if you ever get the chance. But not during Derby week.

A good tour in Texas is Garrison brothers in Hye. Very nice, small distillery, in the middle of a ranch, between Johnson City and Fredericksburg. Their single barrel is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    Stuck in the hotel lobby and only thing that might have worker was "bullet rye"... if your ever in this situation, try and find the septic sprinklers and drink straight from them. Horrible, taste like a &$@% pickle!

Bout sums up this evening
                    I like it in an old fashion. Is it Willett? Not even close but better than a lot to me as a mixer.

They don't make any of their own stuff anymore. It's all from a mass production place in Indiana that makes the bulk of whiskey and bourbon for the us "distillers". The bourbon I believe is made by Kirin who makes 4 Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      ... they charged me $15 for this drink, lol. I've bought bottle for less that were better. It's that bad. The pickle taste had me confused enough to finish it. Lol
                      I wouldn't buy it if it were $10 a bottle
                      I'd wonder if they switched out the booze and filled the bottle with some low grade stuff? Has been known to happen

Comment

I always stop by a local independent store for lotto, bourbon, or sometimes a bag of ice and can of diet coke. That relationship paid off this week with these he set aside for me!!! Both hard to find in my area right now
                        Attached Files

Comment

I really don't understand the hype with blantons, I guess I just drink to much whiskey and most all the stuff taste the same. One drink I really enjoy and that stands out taste wise from the other stuff is Drambuie

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                            I always stop by a local independent store for lotto, bourbon, or sometimes a bag of ice and can of diet coke. That relationship paid off this week with these he set aside for me!!! Both hard to find in my area right now
                            Nice score!

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                              I have both those botyles right now...

Coolest thing about blantons is the deal if ypu collect all the toppers

Comment

Blanton' s is ok but does make a nice bar conversation piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X