Trumps Budget proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    Still advocating for you govt payment or there will be violence huh?

Not from m me, from the masses !!!!!

I guess you're just willing to give up all the money you've paid in.

Comment

I look forward to trumps proposed cuts hurting those that voted for him.

It will be a very hard lesson learned for those people

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
        I demand my money back, you can cut your loses if you want
        You can demand in one hand and do something else in the other. It won't stop the fact that there is not enough money to sustain SS.

While you are at it, demand all of our tax dollars wasted on welfare to able bodied folk. I want all taxes back that are paid to illegals.

Comment

Still advocating for you govt payment or there will be violence huh?

This is one area people have the right to be outraged about. It's not like he's saying he wants free money. We are forced to pay into this with the promise of getting it back. Instead the government misappropriates it to pay for their other cluster of spending habits until there isn't anything to pay back. Then you have to continue to screw future generations to pay back past generations the money you squandered. All while continuing to misappropriate it. The problem with this type of scheme is eventually you run out of other peoples money to pay back the people you owe with.

It's fraud disguised as a tax disguised as a benefit and it needs to be done away with.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
            You can demand in one hand and do something else in the other. It won't stop the fact that there is not enough money to sustain SS.

While you are at it, demand all of our tax dollars wasted on welfare to able bodied folk. I want all taxes back that are paid to illegals.
            This is I don't think it's realistic to demand it back. As much as it makes me mad and I understand wanting it back, that money is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              This is one area people have the right to be outraged about. It's not like he's saying he wants free money. We are forced to pay into this with the promise of getting it back. Instead the government misappropriates it to pay for their other cluster of spending habits until there isn't anything to pay back. Then you have to continue to screw future generations to pay back past generations the money you squandered. All while continuing to misappropriate it. The problem with this type of scheme is eventually you run out of other peoples money to pay back the people you owe with.

It's fraud disguised as a tax disguised as a benefit and it needs to be done away with.
              I agree, which includes him not getting any money.

Comment

I agree, which includes him not getting any money.
                Agreed. I just meant in principle he would not be wrong to demand it back regardless of outcome.

Comment

I am 42 so have been paying in a while now. I absolutely understand wanting our money back. Heck, at this point write me a check for $1000 and cancel the ridiculous program. I would vote for that. I doubt I will ever see a penny anyway. Even if I would end up getting it, for the betterment of the country we have to kill it. It has to die. I would like to pay those that have "invested" in it ( I use that term very loosely ). A phaseout over 20-30yrs would be most fair IMO. But the reality is that someone down the line would revive it for political gain and we would be back to square one. It has to die a violent death for it to be truly ended.

But that will not happen. As time passes benefits will be reduced and taxes will be hiked one way or another. The shell game will.continue at the expense of the citizens, all for the sake of political power.

Comment

Are you willing to give up the money you paid into Social Security also?

How old are you?

Comment

I demand my money back, you can cut your loses if you want
                      Lol.....I understand fully!!![emoji12]

What do you mean by phasing out SS?

What happens to all the people that have paid in? Do they get their payments back?

Because if the government stopped making payments to people that have paid in there's going to be violence in the streets.
                      Maybe not if done correctly. Tax credits, lowering tax rates or even removing long term contributors from tax rolls for X number of years.....always a way if they want to phase this mess out fairly.[emoji6]

^^^^

This. I have been told for the last 20 years not to count on SS being there for me and to make other plans for retirement. I see it being phased out after the baby boomers and don't think it will be a shock to the younger generations that have paid in.
                      There is some truth there but still not equitable in the long run. We do know it is a mess.....lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

They're not going to do away with Social Security. And they don't need to. Also, it's not like a 401k that you "pay into" and then get your money back later. It's a system where the younger, currently employed people are taxed to provide funds to pay the benefits for those who are old enough to qualify to receive benefits. You don't get your own money back when you retire. The money that you paid during your employed life was spent on benefits for folks who were retired at the time. When you collect benefits, the money is coming from folks who are currently employed.

To make the program solvent and sustainable, all they need to do is to adjust the eligibility age to keep pace with increases in life expectancy. When SS was created and set up to start paying benefits at age 65, the average life expectancy was 62. It isn't sustainable to have a system in place to pay people to not work for 30+ years of their lives. They need to increase the eligibility age to 70, and then the numbers would balance. They'd have to phase it in for younger folks, just like they did when they bumped the age up to 67 from 65. They just need to muster the political courage to do what needs to be done to fix it.

Comment

Are you willing to give up the money you paid into Social Security also?

How old are you?
                          I will take what SS decides to give me. Just like everyone else. Don't think we have a lot of control over this. I'd like to get a big fat retirement from SS, but I'm not counting on it.

Comment

Shane,
                            There is very little courage in DC at least as it pertains to doing what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              Shane,
                              There is very little courage in DC at least as it pertains to doing what is right.
                              Outside of Cruz, Lee, Sasse, Gowdy, Paul and 1 or 2 others, there's none.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                Outside of Cruz, Lee, Sasse, Gowdy, Paul and 1 or 2 others, there's none.
                                Yes sir
                                Not near enough

Comment

Working...
                                X