Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When it makes no sense but ya just gotta go hunting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it makes no sense but ya just gotta go hunting!

Plans for hunting at the lease this weekend had gotten washed away with the weather forecast. Was supposed to hit about 3:00 PM today so I had written off any hunting.
    Then the boss comes in at 2:00 and asks why I'm still there. (I take hints very well). Pulling in the driveway I check the forecast and see they're saying I got til about 8pm before gets bad, sooooo I'm in the wife's minivan halfway to the lease in Sheridan now.

Should make it to blind within 5 minutes of feeder spinning. Even brought my trusty old .30-30 that picked up at my parents over Thanksgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck! Shot some of my best deer running late to the blind and getting in just before it goes off. Either way, it's still better than sitting at work!

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
      Good luck! Shot some of my best deer running late to the blind and getting in just before it goes off. Either way, it's still better than sitting at work!

Yep, me too!

I did forget to add something though. Wife is a lil mad. Usually she hunts the afternoons and I hunt the mornings. So I better come home with some meat!

Comment

Shot my first deer with this old Winchester over 25 years ago and probably close to 20 years since I've hunted with it. Would be nice to hear her bark in the woods again!

Comment

Good Luck. That's a nice Rifle.

Comment

Haha. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission! Have an old lever action 30-30 also. Love shooting that dang gun. Hope you knock one down!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Not just any guy is manly enough to show up at the lease in a minivan.
                  Just sayin....

Comment

Didn't see any deer while driving in but hog rooting is ridiculous! I'm not picky today (not that I ever really am) first pig that shows itself gets a dirt nap!

Comment

Good luck to you

Comment

Dont get stuck but if you do take pics. Good luck hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                          Dont get stuck but if you do take pics. Good luck hunting

An old oilfield road runs right up to the blind and feeder so I should be ok. That's not to say I might not go muddin in momma's ride though.

Comment

Well poo! I watched radar close and was right about rain holding off. Should've paid attention to the wind. 20+ mph and I ain't seen nothing stirring.

Comment

Working...
                            X