No announcement yet.

Somerville 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello fellow hunters ! I have not posted in a while ! i have been hunting Sommerville for many years but slowed down due to finishing

up college studies! I graduated and ready to get back in the woods that i have enjoyed for many years! I am inviting bow hunters to a 2800 acre ranch near Junction on 19th and 20th
    this ranch has monster bucks! i have hunted on it several years but they stopped hunts for the last 4 years ! This is the first year to start back up! The owner is a Doctor that does not hunt his son is friend of mine that is real cool and accommodates all hunters well. Very nice house with bunk beds, kitchen , remodeled recently! Always had a blast and had bow kills every time I went. 175 a day with meals! One buck allowed 4 1/2 yearsor older! 3 Does / Turkey/ pigs NO KILL FEES !! l
    Let me Know if in? CONTRARYCREEKRANCH.NET

PS Have not heard from Limbwalker?

Comment

Originally posted by 2oddBucks View Post
      Hello fellow hunters ! I have not posted in a while ! i have been hunting Sommerville for many years but slowed down due to finishing

up college studies! I graduated and ready to get back in the woods that i have enjoyed for many years! I am inviting bow hunters to a 2800 acre ranch near Junction on 19th and 20th
      this ranch has monster bucks! i have hunted on it several years but they stopped hunts for the last 4 years ! This is the first year to start back up! The owner is a Doctor that does not hunt his son is friend of mine that is real cool and accommodates all hunters well. Very nice house with bunk beds, kitchen , remodeled recently! Always had a blast and had bow kills every time I went. 175 a day with meals! One buck allowed 4 1/2 yearsor older! 3 Does / Turkey/ pigs NO KILL FEES !! l
      Let me Know if in? CONTRARYCREEKRANCH.NET

PS Have not heard from Limbwalker?
      Limbwalker got himself banned

Comment

Oh well!

Comment

Does anyone know what happened there? I ask because I actually got the opportunity to meet John (Limbwalker) and shoot some archery with him. Really aided me in starting up an archery club at my university. Wish I could get a hold of him to keep him updated on the club's success.

Comment

Originally posted by Champlaya7 View Post
            Does anyone know what happened there? I ask because I actually got the opportunity to meet John (Limbwalker) and shoot some archery with him. Really aided me in starting up an archery club at my university. Wish I could get a hold of him to keep him updated on the club's success.
            I never had an issue with LW, but he started commenting on a few different threads last year and came across as being slightly argumentative with just about everyone. Like I said, I never had an issue with him personally, but I think he just wouldn't quit with a few posts.

Comment

too many rude comments. He thought he was the game warden of Texasbowhunter!

Comment

Seems like it is really slow for everybody this year. Went out last Saturday and saw to pretty big groups of pigs. Couldn't get a shot at any small ones. Also saw a few does and a spike at 50 yards or so. Giving it another go this weekend. Anybody else going out this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                  Seems like it is really slow for everybody this year. Went out last Saturday and saw to pretty big groups of pigs. Couldn't get a shot at any small ones. Also saw a few does and a spike at 50 yards or so. Giving it another go this weekend. Anybody else going out this weekend?
                  Let the acorns get cleaned up and they will start moving better. They started dropping about 3-4 weeks ago out here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a good hunt Saturday morning. Took my 8 year old daughter on her first bow hunting experience. She loved it. Not too hot and plenty of animals moving through the area. No shooters this time but at least she got to see some animals up close and personal.

Comment

Anyone seeing signs of the rut, and with the rifle season starting, has it slowed out there?

Comment

Haven't seen much. With acorns the deer aren't traveling far. Bucks still paired up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone seen any ducks in the Yegua or Nails WMA while scouting? I will be duck hunting/scouting out there the next two weekends and will be happy to pass on any information I acquire.

Comment

Cbp I'll PM you.

Comment

Gonna cruise out there for an all-day sit on Sunday, be my first hunt out there this season... anybody know what phase of the rut they in? >>-->

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                                Gonna cruise out there for an all-day sit on Sunday, be my first hunt out there this season... anybody know what phase of the rut they in? >>-->

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There is none

Comment

Working...
                                X