No announcement yet.

East Texas Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Jacobh05; 09-27-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Probably posted already....I'm usually behind the times:

Comment

I'm late getting out to scout this year, getting cams up, feeding, etc. but looks like it could be a good season for me. The wide older buck is a 13pt and as of right now is my main target on this property. How old do you guys think these two are?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Comment

I know the 13pt for sure was around last year as an 9pt and looked 4 or 5 then but I let him walk. Glad he didn't get washed out by the floods last year either. But I think I'll name him "tadpole" haha

Last edited by offthemap; 09-29-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I hunt a small piece of family owned land in Kaufman county. There are a few 'family friends' who talk a big game about what they'll shoot and how good that pig stew will taste - but they never show up and don't put in any work (which is saying something, because I haven't done as much as I want).

It's about 100-110 acres and I know it's holding deer and pigs. I haven't killed anything yet because I've only become a bowhunter since I came out to Texas. Aiming to fix that this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  Probably posted already....I'm usually behind the times:

Well now we know it's a lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                    I know the 13pt for sure was around last year as an 9pt and looked 4 or 5 then but I let him walk. Glad he didn't get washed out by the floods last year either. But I think I'll name him "tadpole" haha
                    I mean 4 or 5 years old in 2015, and by "let him walk" I mean I decided he wasn't big/old enough to kill / was burnt out last year and didn't have the same drive as every other year I've been bowhunting.

Comment

don't have any game cameras up, but on sunday morning, got in the blind around 5am and basically watched two bucks fight for about 4 hours, one was a nice 10 point probably around 3 years old the other one was a 6-7 point maybe 2 years old....didn't expect that kind of action on October second.....this is in the Larue/Athens area, very close to the Anderson county line, but its located in Henderson county

Comment

Sept 2016 hog hunt

Got my practice in September
                        Attached Files

Comment

Opening weekend success

Oct 1, 2006, opening weekend
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by readyrock; 10-05-2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Been hunting in Camp county for the last 3 years.. Looks like I'll stock up on pork again this year been consistently seeing groups of 10 hogs or more hitting my feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by readyrock View Post
                              Oct 1, 2006, opening weekend
                              Helluva deal!

Comment

Hunt the Laneville area, Busted one in the shoulder Monday morning, followed blood for 500 plus yards with no deer and blood ended. If anybody sees a big 8 with a limp let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X