No announcement yet.

Muscle Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drove a hellcat yesterday can't get pics to post but it's an absolute beast!

Comment

This is not a muscle car in the sense of the 60-70's but it is a factory made hotrod. In my highschool days I had a 69 GTO that I built and raced on the back roads and I sold it like an idiot. Some of my best memories were in that car. When my oldest son turned 18 and he was obviously into cars as we bought a 78 Bronco from KactusKiller for his first ride when he was 15. After searching for a car he wanted, we found it in Edinberg Texas, a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT6. This has the factory 3.2 supercharged AMG(Mercedes) V-6 and is a fast car off the floor. We have since had a tune by Eurocharge in Houston, done some injector and fuel pump work. Its well over 400 hp, running mid to low 12's in the quarter with major hook up problems, we need slicks. I still have not found the top end on this thing,its fast. He sold it and I bought it and then recently I sold it back to him. I am trying to keep him from making the mistake I did. We are currently are swapping pulleys on the SC and he wants nitrous now. Next trip to the track should be fun.
      Some awesome old eye candy on here, I have always wanted a 66' Chevelle. Maybe one of these days it will happen
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is mine. '66 Buick Skylark GS. She is far from winning any car shows with her faded Earl Schwab paint job but she will be there one day. This is from the day I picked her up in California a few years ago. She is currently banned to the garage because #5 was filling with water. Hope to have her back on the road by next Spring. Have a new engine and trans ready to build for her.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Nailhead nice car. By your handle I would guess it is getting a 401 or 425 Buick? Or maybe a newer 455?
            IMO 1966 A body GM cars are some of the best looking cars ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
              My 33 Ford
              NOW THAT`S WHAT I WAS WAITING ON !!! My all time favorite !

Comment

Originally posted by ldoyle View Post
                NOW THAT`S WHAT I WAS WAITING ON !!! My all time favorite !

Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
                  Hey Nailhead nice car. By your handle I would guess it is getting a 401 or 425 Buick? Or maybe a newer 455?
                  IMO 1966 A body GM cars are some of the best looking cars ever made.
                  Thanks man. I agree '66 is my favorite year for sure.
                  Its getting another 401. I am pulling the numbers matching block and trans out of it to put something in to beat on. The new 401 is +.045, 10:1 compression, with hotter cam. Heads, manifolds, and intake will stay stock for now until we get a flowbench setup to do the porting work. Not many people well versed in making a nailhead breathe. There are a few left, luckily my Uncle is one of them. A set of custom headers will be in the works hopefully next year as well. Im putting in a ST400 transmission behind it with a 3000+ stall in high stall. And will be putting in 3.42 gears in the rear. Goal is to go sub 13's in the quarter in street trim. Will see what happens.

Uncle has one as well that ran 11.90s with a 425 back in the early 90s. We are rebuilding it and shooting for 10s as the ultimate goal. All naturally aspirated and an all steel car. No fiberglass and no power adders.

Comment

Is the ST400 the transmission with the switch pitch converter?

Comment

You guys see this?? 0-60 in 2.5 seconds making it the current quickest production car...something kinda is just icky with it being electric??

Never would have guessed an electric could run like this?? Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
                        Is the ST400 the transmission with the switch pitch converter?
                        Yes sir. It will get a modified 12" converter that should flash in high stall around 3,000-3,100 rpms and in low stall around 1,500-1,800 or so I believe. Will also be wiring the high/low stall solenoid to a toggle switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          You guys see this?? 0-60 in 2.5 seconds making it the current quickest production car...something kinda is just icky with it being electric??

Never would have guessed an electric could run like this?? Crazy.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/...roduction-car/

I did. Half of what I like about going fast is the sound. I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            I did. Half of what I like about going fast is the sound. I'll pass.

Same here. Nothing like the sound of American muscle hauling *** with the windows down

Comment

Found couple pics of my 67 RS camaro. My 1st car lord I miss that car. ,

Comment

Originally posted by BQ93 View Post

Just a tiny little 6 cylinder.
                                Read a write up in hot rod magazine or somewhere. They raced a matching year vette and the grand national. All the guy driving the vette could say was that the grand national had nice tail lights because that was all he ever saw. Great cars!

Comment

Working...
                                X