Well that backfired- Obama to Cuba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that backfired- Obama to Cuba

Obama's entire foreign policy is founded on this idea that if we are "kind" enough and give our wealth to fostering adversaries, they won't be meanies....

Cuba officials call Obama's visit an ‘attack,’ Raul Castro labels U.S. as 'enemy'

Fox News Latino

Published April 19, 2016

Weeks after President Barack Obama’s historic trip to Cuba, officials from the Communist island have ramped up their attacks on the U.S.

On Monday, Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez called Obama's visit "an attack on the foundation of our history, our culture and our symbols."

"Obama came here to dazzle the non-state sector, as if he wasn't the representative of big corporations but the defender of hot dog vendors, of small businesses in the United States, which he isn't," Rodriguez said.

The foreign minister’s response came days after Cuba President Raul Castro said that the United States is "the enemy" and warned Cubans to be vigilant about the United States' efforts to undermine the Communist revolution, according to Reuters.

The remarks came at the Cuban Communist Party's twice-a-decade congress, held over the weekend, where some of Cuba's most powerful officials criticized the creaking inefficiency of its state-controlled economy, tarred its vibrant private sector as a potential source of U.S. subversion.

The comments illustrated the conundrum faced by a Cuban government simultaneously trying to modernize and maintain control in a new era of detente with Washington.

Rene Gonzalez, a former intelligence agent held in the United States in a case resolved by the declaration of detente with Washington, made an unusual call for the consideration of political reform in Cuba.

Saying the party had focused excessively on the economy for 10 years, he said, "Let the party call for a broad public discussion that goes beyond concepts of economic development."

If he wasn't such an arrogant narcissist, I might actually feel sorry for him. What a massive fail.

Comment

Obama "an attack on the foundation of our history, our culture and our symbols."

yeah, don't we know it man...

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
        Obama "an attack on the foundation of our history, our culture and our symbols."

yeah, don't we know it man...
        nailed it

Comment

You always take a gamble when you finally meet your childhood heroes.

Especially when you realize they actually were murdering thugs just like people tried to tell you for years and years and years and your mental condition would not allow you to see the truth.

Comment

Yep, blew that one. Good thing that CUBA is insignificant in the big scheme of the world. I still cant wait to visit!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Yep, blew that one. Good thing that CUBA is insignificant in the big scheme of the world. I still cant wait to visit!!! LOL!
              Me too. What a beautiful sail that would make. Miami, Bimini, bounce along to coast of Cuba and fly out of Havana back to Austin. So many of my Cuban friends who were born and raised there are waiting to someday go home. It's like waiting for a family member wrongly convicted and imprisoned to maybe be released in their own lifetime. Very sad.

Comment

Purely professional jealousy. Obama wants us to be like them and they don't want to be one upped.

Comment

I know a lot of Cubans, I call several family.
                  I dont know any Cubans who will return as long as a Castro is in power.
                  Out of respect for them, nor will I.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
                    Me too. What a beautiful sail that would make. Miami, Bimini, bounce along to coast of Cuba and fly out of Havana back to Austin. So many of my Cuban friends who were born and raised there are waiting to someday go home. It's like waiting for a family member wrongly convicted and imprisoned to maybe be released in their own lifetime. Very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                      I know a lot of Cubans, I call several family.
                      I dont know any Cubans who will return as long as a Castro is in power.
                      Out of respect for them, nor will I.
                      I worked with two very sexy Cubans (well one was a guy....lol) at corporate.............they are all for it. Show the people of crap-holes the real world and the grip of politics begin to fall away......i.e, Eastern Europe! One thing we tend to forget, the Canadians and the Europeans have been going there for decades. Old news, but the cold war is over and they have lovely beaches!

Comment

I worked with two very sexy Cubans (well one was a guy....lol) at corporate.............they are all for it. Show the people of crap-holes the real world and the grip of politics begin to fall away......i.e, Eastern Europe! One thing we tend to forget, the Canadians and the Europeans have been going there for decades. Old news, but the cold war is over and they have lovely beaches!
                        I call them sunny beaches.

Comment

there is nothing about the world or Cuba you can tell me that I dont know.

I value my family, you do what you want.

Comment

[emoji845] [emoji845] .......lmao......[emoji102] [emoji15] .....what.....uh, okay!! [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              I call them sunny beaches.
                              Even betrer.......European beaches are chilly![emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X