No announcement yet.

Picking a new bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shoot a bowtech because i love it, not because of the brand. Be open minded and go with what feels the best to you.

Comment

Xpedition Xcentric....best bow on the market imho. That said shoot them all and then realize what you like. For me it was the Xcentric hands down

Comment

Good friend of mine has a PSE Revenge, 29" axle to axle. Great for pop-up blind and tight quarters. He loves it

Comment

i recently sold off my hoyts and bought a bowtech carbon icon. carbon bow for $600 31" ata and 335ibo. its a sweet shooter. 3.2lbs!

whatever you do, buy something that is dl adjustable in the cam without a press.

Comment

I was shooting a 35 year old compound that no one I have ever met has heard of, this thing has no cams, no beyond parallel, no let off, no back wall...lol ...... And has killed more deer, hogs, and turkey than can be counted. I still have that bow...... Shot a Fred bear for a bit, had a Mathews, now a Hoyt, but I will say, if I had the money...... Mathews NoCam would be my 3D/hunting rig for a while.....

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
              i recently sold off my hoyts and bought a bowtech carbon icon. carbon bow for $600 31" ata and 335ibo. its a sweet shooter. 3.2lbs!

whatever you do, buy something that is dl adjustable in the cam without a press.
              my Xpedition Xring VI has a rotating mod for draw length. no press needed. i really like it. it allowed me to try 2 different lengths to see what fit best without having to make a trip to the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                Sorry guys I'm just now seeing all these, had three exams last week. I won't be able to start looking and testing bows until I get back from my study abroad in Qatar in December. So it looks like the new lines of bows is what I will be looking at.

For bow shops in Houston, I know of Bowzone which has a good variety, and Viking which when I was last there mainly focused on traditional, where are some of the other ones? I've looked on google but don't seem to find that many.

I also know of Live Oak Archery in College Station, I shoot there quite often while in school. Any of recommendations?
                I had the same problem finding one. DO NOT go to X10(maybe previously Viking). Dude is a crackhead.....literally. No good.
                I have found west Houston archery is legit. They have plenty of bows to choose from and are very knowledgeable. Weekdays r the best to go in if you can make it. good luck!

Comment

Thank you so much guys!!! How do I get added to the classifieds page to look for a used bow once I try several of them.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                    go to your local pro shop and start shooting. let the bow pick you. do not look at the brand. brand doesn't matter
                    This is true! Have to see what you like and what's comfortable for you! Good luck in the future with your new bow!

Comment

West houston moved down closer to kirkwood, still on the same side of I10 just past discount tire

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                        go to your local pro shop and start shooting. let the bow pick you. do not look at the brand. brand doesn't matter
                        This... End of story! We can argue all day of whats best but it comes down to what do YOU like the most. That is why there are so many debates about whats the "best" bow.

Comment

Like someone has said above, find somewhere that carries Obsession or Xpedition. I don't think there is a better bow on the market right now.

Comment

Santa Fe Archery has a good selection as well.

Comment

Don't just shoot a brand, shoot THE brand! Mathews !! Haha jk try the other stuff too

Comment

My next bow will be an Elite. I currently shoot PSE. Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt are good too. It's all about what feels good to you. Any of those brands will make the deer equally dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X