No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had that droptine buck at 15 yards two different times. He is a very pretty buck, but still a little too young.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
      Is it just me or does that droptine not get you excited... It would be tough for me to pass on that droptine buck....
      I missed the droptine the 1st time I saw the pics. Had to go back & check

BG, this is a beautiful piece of land. Good luck on your goals for it. I'll definitely be following, jealously!!! One day I would love to try and do what you are doing with my own property

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
        2nd picture looks to be a fully mature 5.5+. If he isn't where you want to be in the future = wack in my opinion. He very well may be 8.5. I think he is post mature but it is hard to be certain with no history and one photo. Looks like a gorgeous piece of property. Congrats to you and your family. Looking forward to updates.

Nice droptine also!
        Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
        I was comparing him to your other pics and he looks older than 4.5 to me (obviously you know your deer better than I do), but he does not have the mass or height your other younger deer do. Body looks really big for antlers to be so scraggly again compared to your other pics.

Just an opinion but I would cull the one I am talking about before the 2 you are after. Again just an opinion.
        Originally posted by The General View Post
        I'm right there with you Tilden. I'm leaning towards post mature. Looks like the hunchback of Notre Dame.
        Originally posted by gingib View Post
        x2

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
          I had that droptine buck at 15 yards two different times. He is a very pretty buck, but still a little too young.
          Way to go, that had to have been tough. Hopefully he spreads those genes a few times.

Comment

Here are some other bucks from last year:

Very old buck. Has forked G-2's. We have pictures of him 5 years in a row. No one has ever seen this buck in daylight. We get pics of him all through velvet on trail cam and then he disappears until February every single year:

3.5yr old 8pt:

2.5yr old 8pt:

1.5yr old 8pt:

9pt:

9pt:

2.5yr old Non-Typical 12pt:

Comment

Great looking deer

Comment

Here is an old 8.5yr old 8pt buck my twin brother shot last year. We have pictures of this buck for the last 4 years and he was always a slick 8pt.

He dressed out at 140lbs.

Comment

Beautiful ranch, great deer.

Comment

That is an awesome place!

Comment

I was comparing him to your other pics and he looks older than 4.5 to me (obviously you know your deer better than I do), but he does not have the mass or height your other younger deer do. Body looks really big for antlers to be so scraggly again compared to your other pics.

Just an opinion but I would cull the one I am talking about before the 2 you are after. Again just an opinion.
                      So you are saying to cull out a post mature 10 point before a 4.5-5.5 y/o 6 point?

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                        So you are saying to cull out a post mature 10 point before a 4.5-5.5 y/o 6 point?
                        Absolutely.....they may both be culls, but post mature has done his time. The 6 has good mass at least and may only be 2.5 yrs old....the old one looks like he has antlers of a 3.5 yr old (if that)

again just an opinion.....If it were my place, my son would be on both of em

Comment

Absolutely.....they may both be culls, but post mature has done his time. The 6 has good mass at least and may only be 2.5 yrs old....the old one looks like he has antlers of a 3.5 yr old (if that)

again just an opinion.....If it were my place, my son would be on both of em
                          what makes you say that 6 is 2.5? Not bashing, just curious!

Comment

I agree with you. I just like to hear other people's opinions. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I would shoot all 3.....With that being said, I would definitely shoot the 2 he posted before he post mature 10 point. That 10 point could be a trophy to some people, especially a buddy who helps with the ranch or a family member.

He has 10 point genetics and the other is still an old 6 which is far inferior then a 10 IMO.

Both of those CULLS he posted are old enough to be declared CULLS with that top one looking pretty old and older then the bottom buck.

You sir have alot of different bucks and just looking at it, with that many bucks I bet you have alot of does.

I would lower the deer population overall to allow more groceries for all the deer and thus growing bigger antlers and bodies

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                                what makes you say that 6 is 2.5? Not bashing, just curious!
                                By reading his write ups on the age of his deer. if these deer were At my place I would have different age guesses on ALL these deer, but I am making judgement from his known knowledge of his place.

Comment

Working...
                                X