High speed air cut off tool- Harbor Freight $7.99
    Drawer slider- Lowes $3.95
    Yard Stick- Harbor Freight- $.99
    Scrap wood- free
    Left over Tungs Finish Oil- Free
    Misc. Hardware from garage- Free

Total- $12.93

Now for the pictures.

Outstanding! Gotta build something similar! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great design...been looking for a way to build something like that.

Comment

If you have a dremel tool you could make an electric one .

Great design tho

Comment

Yeah I gotta dremel and have seen several made that way but I wanted somethin unique. Plus the air tool has higher rpm than my little dremel and it sounds a whole lot cooler while its runnin

Comment

Sweet! I was just trying to figure something like this out the other day. I'll be building one tomorrow. Great job!

Comment

What size compressor are you running it on? What about cutting discs? How do they work on graphite shafts?

Comment

And you told me that you didn't have no construction skills!

Never having used an arrow saw, I have a few questions.
                1. The drawer slide is a great idea for adjustment, but how do you keep it from moving while you're cutting?
                2. Does the saw somehow come down onto the arrow or do you push it into the blade?

Comment

If you can hook up a vacuum cleaner or shop vac on the side of the blade where the grit flies, you really don't want to be breathing that carbon dust. Great project, I really like the drawer slide idea- good thinkin'.

Comment

I am have a 1.5HP pancake compressor and an 8gal 2.5HP compressor. The small pacake compressor has been working just fine in the short bursts that you need to cut arrows.

It cuts really well and fairly square, but then you can just touch it up on the cut-off wheel when you are done.

As for the cut off wheel I am just using a standard 3" metal cut off wheel that is rated for high speed cut off tools.

I am workin on a video to upload right now... hopefully it will be done soon.

Comment

Nice job. I think I will "steal" your idea. Thanks for sharing. A couple of questions about yours...How do you move to adjust length? Does it lock in place or do you just hold on measurement?

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          Never having used an arrow saw, I have a few questions.
                          1. The drawer slide is a great idea for adjustment, but how do you keep it from moving while you're cutting?
                          2. Does the saw somehow come down onto the arrow or do you push it into the blade?
                          The drawer slide provides enough resistance to hold everything in place while making a cut.

The arrow is gently rolled into the blade, once the cut is started the shaft will fall into the V notch, continue rolling the arrow to finish the cut (video is coming soon as I figure all that out.

Comment

Ok lets try some video....

Its pretty crude footage but this is only the second time to ever use/edit/youtube anything.

Hopefully it helps with how the saw works.
                            IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                            I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Nice set up,What did you use to notch the wood for the arrow grove?

Comment

Working...
                              X