Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dream Continues! Project 2! Pic Heavy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darton View Post
    Things are about to turn around when they dry up that is for sure! If I can get some cold weather to boot that will be the icing on the cake! I had two personal encounters with the Tines to Heaven Buck, Otis, with one being on youth gun weekend and the second being the opening weekend of muzzle loader within 100 yards, "Last two weekends in October." I have not had another sighting since the acorns have fell and have checked with all of the surrounding land owners to see if they had by chance killed him and they have not. My hope is he will come back to refuel once the acorns dry up.

On another front I have another buck on the target list as well and I have had two sightings of him also. The funny thing is I would never know he existed if it hadn't been for the two sightings I have personally seen him because I have zero pictures of him. He is a mainframe 12 pt that will beat Tines to Heaven, Otis, by 10-15 pts on score. Both are magnificent animals so I am gonna just have to sit tight and hope one of them slips up!
    Hold the water Moses............ You have put your eyes on a buck that will out score "Otis" by 10-15"?????????

This thread just took a small but rather large turn.........man I hope one of them slips up soon.

My fat fingers are still crossed for you.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by talleywack97 View Post
      Id change my screenname to O.K.BRUISER
      Then I would have to reintroduce myself!

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
      Wow....what a piece of property. Following along and best of luck.
      Great to have you along

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
      Good lord this is a ridiculous thread. The amount of horn is unbelievable. Congrats on the place and I’ll be following along for your success in hopes of living vicariously through you!

Sierracharlie out…
      Many thanks sir and great to have you along!

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
      Hold the water Moses............ You have put your eyes on a buck that will out score "Otis" by 10-15"?????????

This thread just took a small but rather large turn.........man I hope one of them slips up soon.

My fat fingers are still crossed for you.

Rwc
      He kind of took me by surprise that is for sure. Without question the biggest whitetail I have ever had the pleasure of seeing on this earth! I had 10 minutes to inspect him through the binos before he moved on and found myself shaking so badly I couldn't have pulled the shot off even if he was in range! The same effect occurred on the second sighting as well so a close encounter will be interesting

Comment

Following. My brothers and I have always loved this part of OK. We’ve always said we’d love to buy here. And now this dang thread has me convinced to pull the trigger.

I just spent two hours going through this thread and your first one. Awesome job brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck on one of them Jay! Living the dream!!!
          Take Care My Friend!

Comment

Wow.. Im just now seeing this for some strange reason.. Your place is what dreams are made of.. Good luck on the big one.

Comment

Originally posted by ddoyle View Post
              congrats ! That's a beautiful place.
              x10

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                This is probably one of my favorite threads on TBH. When I grow up, I want to be like Darton. You deserve a good one this year, and I hope you get it done. Very impressive stuff, to say the least.
                I agree. Makes me think of OK for next lease.

Comment

Looks like an awesome place!

Comment

Originally posted by CoachStanton View Post
                    Following. My brothers and I have always loved this part of OK. We’ve always said we’d love to buy here. And now this dang thread has me convinced to pull the trigger.

I just spent two hours going through this thread and your first one. Awesome job brother!

You will not regret it

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    Good luck on one of them Jay! Living the dream!!!
                    Take Care My Friend!
                    Thanks bud

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    Wow.. Im just now seeing this for some strange reason.. Your place is what dreams are made of.. Good luck on the big one.
                    Many thanks

Originally posted by D12 View Post
                    x10

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                    I agree. Makes me think of OK for next lease.
                    You should give it a try! I did and I moved here!

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                    Looks like an awesome place!
                    Thank you sir

Comment

I am in my last 10 minutes in the office before I go and give these guys another go! I got some good news that my neighboring land owner, the 1st pic, has got Otis on camera and did again last night. He is from out of state and will most likely not hunt the rest of the year. The other pic is from a new comer that just appeared so we will see what happens. With a low of 22 tonight I hope it gets them on their feet to move Good luck everyone!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good luck to you! Hope to see some LDP's over the next few days!

Comment

Good luck. I have high hopes that you will introduce Otis or his Daddy to their maker during this cold snap. They should be hitting the food plots hard.

Comment

Im both envious of you and happy for you

Comment

Tines to Heaven...."Otis", man oh man he sure is frameieeeeeeee!.

I am so pulling for you to kill him.

Rwc

Comment

Wow! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X