No announcement yet.

Thirteen Vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So there I was... last shred of darkness. The 3 bucks rising from bed and slipping by for some corn then disappearing into the yaupons. Then it got quiet. Real quiet.
    Just then I heard a twig snap to my right and the unmistakable crunch of leaves heading my way. I grabbed my bow and clipped the release on the loop. Heart thumping in my ears, the anticipation was unbearable as the sound grew closer and closer. He came straight up to the ground blind and nosed around in the leaves not three feet from where I sat. As I ever so carefully peered out the window what do I see? Nothing but an old crusty armadillo!! [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ha...they can sure get you on high alert.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang!

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
          So there I was... last shred of darkness. The 3 bucks rising from bed and slipping by for some corn then disappearing into the yaupons. Then it got quiet. Real quiet.
          Just then I heard a twig snap to my right and the unmistakable crunch of leaves heading my way. I grabbed my bow and clipped the release on the loop. Heart thumping in my ears, the anticipation was unbearable as the sound grew closer and closer. He came straight up to the ground blind and nosed around in the leaves not three feet from where I sat. As I ever so carefully peered out the window what do I see? Nothing but an old crusty armadillo!! [emoji23]

I took care of one of his family members for you today!

I bet your heart was thumping loud!!!! Haha
          Attached Files

Comment

I knew he was close! Just made it home and got in my chair watching the Astros.. here he comes in all his palmated glory

Comment

**** that’s close. He watched you leave your stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So showing was it from the time you started to walk out until the time you got that picture?

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                  So showing was it from the time you started to walk out until the time you got that picture?

45 mins or so

Comment

Dang so close, he better tread lightly or he is going to be on your wall!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I look forward to seeing you posing in a picture with him.

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

So freaking cool man! He is a smart old dude! I’m so glad I’m along for the ride.

Comment

So close..hang in there. Hats off to you on holding off that crab claw 10!

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
                              So close..hang in there. Hats off to you on holding off that crab claw 10!
                              Boy did he look good at ground level 17 yds out!

Comment

Thirteen Vol. 2

You have one helluva honey hole there Ambush!

Comment

Working...
                                X