No announcement yet.

Thirteen Vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you corn and how much do you put out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
      I have both which i set up about a month ago. A hang on and a ground blind brushed in very well.. If wind permits id rather hunt from a tree, much more visibility and shot opportunities.

Think im gonna sit back and see if he gets on some sort of pattern or locks on one of the does. Probably my best bet is for him to follow a doe to the setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

100% your best bet. It’s east Texas

Comment

Originally posted by The Real CWB View Post
        How often do you corn and how much do you put out?

I have a 30 gallon feeder hoisted way up in an Oak tree out of sight... it feeds twice a day, but i do dump whole 50lb bags out leading into the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
          Maybe it's just me, but as resident as he was last year on a feeding pattern, I would try to wait till he's back on the feeding pattern. He knows the corn is there so if he gets back on the pattern during daylight, I bet you can kill him. I definetly wouldn't burn this spot out this early, there's plenty of season left to get it done. That being said, there's no way I'd stay out as doe begin their cycles never know what could happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
          That is exactly what I was coming here to say. There’s a lot more time this year than last. No need to do too much too early.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            That is exactly what I was coming here to say. There’s a lot more time this year than last. No need to do too much too early.
            Thats the plan, plenty of time to catch him slipping..
            I've actually only hunted there twice this year so I dont burn the area out. Really expecting something to kick off soon with the rut ramping up. Historically its always a good week leading up to Halloween..

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
              Thats the plan, plenty of time to catch him slipping..
              I've actually only hunted there twice this year so I dont burn the area out. Really expecting something to kick off soon with the rut ramping up. Historically its always a good week leading up to Halloween..

I know you know what you’re doing. We all just want to see you kill him.

Comment

Earlier and earlier he's getting. This evening he came in at 7:19! Within a few minutes of legal shooting light! This South East Wind isn't going to hold up much longer so I'm going to gamble he does something similar tomorrow and make an evening of it. Once that wind switches around to the northwest that will be no good for the setup. Let's get this dude on the ground!!

Comment

We'll all be rooting for you, I was happy to see he made it after last year's thread!

Comment

Follow the moon! It does not lie

Comment

I thought about this deer randomly tonight and had to go digging WAYYY back into my previous posts to find him. I'm glad you posted the link to your new thread. Now get him on the ground already!

Comment

if i recall, he only showed once in light hours last year. is that right?

Comment

I had a locked down doe this week here in Montgomery County south!

Comment

I think he will be there this evening. Im getting in early on one of my spots as well..

Comment

Love this thread good luck

Comment

Me too its like a soap opra building up up up....Get HIM

Comment

Working...
                                X