No announcement yet.

Charged with murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to know the whole story. Kinda sounds like the victim confronted the shooter as shooter was in his car. If some angry mofo came to my door threatening me and claiming to have a gun, and then reached behind his back, he might get shot. LEOs shoot unarmed people who they "think" may have a gun quite often. Every secnario is different.

Comment

Just found out the victim is the grandson of a member of our church. Jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
        Would like to know the whole story. Kinda sounds like the victim confronted the shooter as shooter was in his car. If some angry mofo came to my door threatening me and claiming to have a gun, and then reached behind his back, he might get shot. LEOs shoot unarmed people who they "think" may have a gun quite often. Every secnario is different.

Exactly

Comment

I agree. Be nice to know the whole story, but one thing is for sure.....only one person gets to tell their side of this one.

Comment

The way I read it, it was the other way around. The shooter was the one who had his door dinged and the guy who got shot was in his car, hence the head/face shots. I could be wrong.

Comment

I wonder if there were parking lot camera's, or some bystander rolling on it? I guess time will tell the tale.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                I agree. Be nice to know the whole story, but one thing is for sure.....only one person gets to tell their side of this one.
                My thoughts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  The way I read it, it was the other way around. The shooter was the one who had his door dinged and the guy who got shot was in his car, hence the head/face shots. I could be wrong.

Smith and the suspect were discussing what police called a “door ding” to the suspect’s car, reportedly made by Smith, when the conversation deteriorated, police said in a news release.

Each told the other they had guns, and while the suspect was in his vehicle, Smith reportedly made a threatening move and reached behind his back. The suspect, who has a handgun license, told police he thought Smith was reaching for a gun when he shot him, the news release said.

Suspect is the guy who ended the argument.... Smith is the guy who was shot...

Suspect (shooter) was in his car... the one that got dinged...

Smith was up against the car and reached as if to draw a weapon...

(my personal opinion here... not a good idea after stating "I got a gun")

Smith’s wife, Alishia Smith, said he was shot five to six times from less than 5 feet away, with several shots hitting his face and chest.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Aha I see. Wonder why the guy with the door ding was in his car though, retrieving a weapon possibly? Nobody is ever going to know the real full story.
                    Last edited by justletmein; 01-18-2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      Aha I see. Wonder why the guy with the door ding was in his car though, retrieving a weapon possibly?
                      Who knows... I've been sitting in my pickup waiting on the wife and had a-oles ding my door... usually immediately followed by a comment about their heritage from this old man,

Comment

I experienced a family shooting situation many years ago with my own family over something stupid like this.... a spilt bag of sugar on the counter, escalated to the point where my cousin shot my uncle in the chest with a 44 mag....

It simply rips the family to pieces and all over something so simple and meaningless... my uncle failed to control his anger and it cost him his life... he was a former Baptist preacher/ Rancher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Update....looks like its being presented to the DA on Tuesday. We'll see.....

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            I expect that there will be multiple surveillance cameras on the parking lot. Usually the truth is somewhere in the middle between the two stories but like you said in this case there is only one story to be told.

Comment

Would like to know the whole story. Kinda sounds like the victim confronted the shooter as shooter was in his car. If some angry mofo came to my door threatening me and claiming to have a gun, and then reached behind his back, he might get shot.
                              In this case it's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Either way there is no good outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by wloftis View Post
                                I think what's going to bite the chl holder in the rear end is the fact he shot him 5-6 times; especially if any shots were to the "face"...shot placement says a lot of the situation, as is taught in the class.

Huh? Unless you've been actually in a firefight, and know a little more about what's all involved.

I say to all who have made comments, the entire story is probably not known to the public. Just because arrested and charged, still a long process to go. Could be BS deal but the PD decided they want to let a grand jury to look at it and decide. Personally, probably should have just referred it to GJ without arrest, but knowing what I know about the PD (worked their for 25-years) somebody probably thought it would be better on them to make the arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X