Truth Be Told.....Pittsburg Steeler Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    For everyone that's calling him a hero.... he is for his military service, but he has already apologized for standing out there by himself and letting his teammates down.

Yes, he came out and apologized for making the team look bad. Said he didn't make it up the tunnel in time and wasn't going to be disrespectful at that point.

Personally, I don't think he should have had any reason to apologize one way or the other. Tomlin kind of through him under the bus after the game too.

His jersey was flying off of shelves this morning though.

Comment

I don't know if he's gotten any threats, but I would have liked to heard the conversation in the locker room before he went out on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
        As for Villanueva, they are trying to paint him as a poor teammate that threw the rest of his guys under the bus (where they belong).

Shameful, makes me sick.
        Surprised he didn't just go off on the team for being so ridiculous!
        The entire team and organization disrespected him.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Of course they will be.....by this morning the NFL understands the **** storm they have let happen and it is going to cost them 100's of millions of dollars on top of the loses they have already experienced if they continue down this road. People are pisssssed! They worship the $$$ and will react accordingly. I cant wait to see the rating for the Sunday night game and tonight's game. They will be extremely low compared to previous standards.
          Read this morning it was down 11% from last year and 9% from last week

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
            Doubt it. They know him and his back ground. Big Ben said he regrets the way the team handled this and said they will be on the field next week.

Good....Bc they never came out of the locker room judging by the game...

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
              Yes, he came out and apologized for making the team look bad. Said he didn't make it up the tunnel in time and wasn't going to be disrespectful at that point.

Personally, I don't think he should have had any reason to apologize one way or the other. Tomlin kind of through him under the bus after the game too.

I hope they kept the receipt

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                For everyone that's calling him a hero.... he is for his military service, but he has already apologized for standing out there by himself and letting his teammates down.
                Yes, you could see it that way; he let his team down by not standing by their sides in protest, thus why he apologized...

Now, when can we expect his teammates to apologize to HIM for not having his back in support of his service to this country (that give them said rights/freedom to protest)?

Comment

I don't agree with what they did, but do have some inside information on what actually happened, not what we are seeing. I know a guy really really well who plays for the Steelers. Stand up dude, does alot for our community, church, and loves to hunt. Before the game they had a players only meeting and decided on standing in the tunnel instead of the field for the national anthem. They voted on 3 choices. I don't remember exactly what they were but something along the lines of
                  1. Whole team stands on field holding hands
                  2. Whole team on field, standing if they wanted/kneeling if they wanted.
                  3. Stand/kneel in the tunnel out of the public eye. (This was voted on to stay out of the media for their beliefs. Those kneeling wouldn't have to deal with the b.s. this backfired. I also believe that Villanueva was to do as he pleased because of his vet background.
                  this was decided as a team, to stay out of the spotlight, it didnt work that way.

i will say that if vance was okay with this I am sure it was with good intentions. He has always stood for his beliefs, even when he was the only one with them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

They may be talking behind his back. But, I doubt any of them say something face to face.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post

The jersey of Alejandro Villanueva, who broke from his team to stand for the national anthem, was the best-seller in the league on Monday.

None of the kneelers pansy players are gonna mumble a word to his face

Comment

Just read Von Miller lost a local sponsor worth quite a bit in Denver for kneeling

Comment

Love what he did. The others on his team should thank him daily for what he did. I hope Nike under armor or some big company gives him a huge shoe contract!

Comment

Just read that the Steeler coach took a bunch of shots at him for doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                              I don't agree with what they did, but do have some inside information on what actually happened, not what we are seeing. I know a guy really really well who plays for the Steelers. Stand up dude, does alot for our community, church, and loves to hunt. Before the game they had a players only meeting and decided on standing in the tunnel instead of the field for the national anthem. They voted on 3 choices. I don't remember exactly what they were but something along the lines of
                              1. Whole team stands on field holding hands
                              2. Whole team on field, standing if they wanted/kneeling if they wanted.
                              3. Stand/kneel in the tunnel out of the public eye. (This was voted on to stay out of the media for their beliefs. Those kneeling wouldn't have to deal with the b.s. this backfired. I also believe that Villanueva was to do as he pleased because of his vet background.
                              this was decided as a team, to stay out of the spotlight, it didnt work that way.

i will say that if vance was okay with this I am sure it was with good intentions. He has always stood for his beliefs, even when he was the only one with them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                              I know one that played in the late 90s...

He stated that many ex Steelers made calls Sunday night letting them know the team disgraced the uniform with that BS...

He states he was told they won't be pulling that "hiding in the tunnel like cowards" crap again...

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                                I'd watch that fight on Pay-per-view.

Oh hell yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X