My turn for NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My turn for NZ

Spent a couple years planning this trip. Met and talked with Gerald at Wildside safaris several times at the DSC show and decided that was the experience I wanted. Small, family run operation. We are currently staying and eating in Gerald's home with his wife Brenda cooking up a storm. Unfortunately it's been raining and cold. I booked a 5 day hunt. On day two we saw two good stags in a field. We managed to work through the tree line and get to the edge of the field. We sat there in the cold rain for about an hour while they fought, ate and slowly worked their way towards us. We were at the tip of the tree line with fields on both sides. As the stags feed towards us we were prepared for them to go either left or right. They worked their way towards the left but shifted back right at the last minute. The target stage was at 37 yards. I stood up and came to full draw. There was a log sticking up and blocking my shot. I had to wait while the stag feed away from me and cleared the log. Finally I had him clear in my peep, quartering away. I left the arrow fly and watched the lighted nock hit perfect st 40 yards. The stag ran about 30 yards and dropped. There was so much rain he never heard the shot. The second stag didn't either and had no idea what happened. It was great. This was my stag and he was the smaller of the two . Right after the shot it started to snow. It was a great experience and hunt. I spent day 3 chasing a ram. These aren't like the sheep you see at ranches in Texas. These things do t let you get close. Took us most the day just to find them. No luck tonight but may chase them again Friday. Tomorrow the wife and I are going snow skiing. I will go trout fishing for half a day on Friday and chase more rams the other half of day. After that we will travel NZ and enjoy this beautiful land. Here are some pics so far. I'll update more as the days go by.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

More pics

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

mighty impressive sir, congrats

Comment

Congratulations on a very nice stag! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

wow congrats!

Comment

Winning!!!! Good job

Comment

Great looking Stag. Lots of character. Congrats on him, and enjoy the rest of your trip

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats. Love the mass on that stag.

There has been some damage done in NZ by TBHer's this year.

Comment

Very nice!! Congrats! Have a great trip and keep the pics coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!!

Post a lot of details on the trout fishing please.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Trip of a lifetime!

Comment

Pure greatness

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X