No announcement yet.

African Hunt Cost??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might want to give these guy a look. They are a TBH sight sponsor as well.

Comment

Here are a few photos from this season.

Comment

Well we are heading to Diamond C in a couple months then to Canada for a waterfowl hunt next October. So I’m going to start stacking my coins now and hopefully be able to put something together in a few years

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Carry a BIG knife !
          Reckon my Barlow wont do?

Comment

Originally posted by wilcox1088 View Post
            Looking at some realistic numbers. It’ll be a ways down the road but I would really like to take my wife to Africa. It would strictly be an archery hunt, two people probably 7-10 days with 5-7 animals. Not looking at anything extravagant but just the normal plains game. Just need a close rough estimate for entire trip from round trip plane tickets to tips to shipping animals back. Like I said this will be 5 or so years down the road but I’d like to know what to expect so I can start saving now
            We will be happy to help you on your Safari. Send me a PM with any and all questions. I have a group of 14 TBH members coming to hunt at the end of July 2019. We have 3 spots open as of now. However we can book you for anytime you wish to hunt.

Comment

Look into going to a fund raiser banquet like SCI or LSBA when’re hunts have been donated for fund raisers. Got a heckuva deal on a hunt. Took my dad and son to South Africa in 2016 total cost including:
              3 hunters, 6 animals (total, not each) wildebeest, hartabeest, zebra, wart hog, impala, and blesbok
              7 days lodging and meals
              For to and from airport
              Trackers skinners
              Daily laundry service
              Clean comfortable rooms
              Food
              Added a kudu, baboon and jackal
              Taxidermy ( 3 shoulder mounts, 4 full hides, 4 back hides, 3 skulls)
              Shipping

Total was +/- $16k, FOR 3 HUNTERS!

Do your self a favor and do it!
              (I actually got Hume from SA last nite!)

Comment

My wife and I went with another couple in 2014. I shot 6 animals; Kudu, Gemsbok, Red Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra and Warthog. Hunted in camp for 7 days. All in, including taxidermy, shopping etc. we spent $17k.
                I thought it was a great value for the experience. We hunted with Eland Safaris and it was a great experience.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                  My wife and I went with another couple in 2014. I shot 6 animals; Kudu, Gemsbok, Red Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra and Warthog. Hunted in camp for 7 days. All in, including taxidermy, shopping etc. we spent $17k.
                  I thought it was a great value for the experience. We hunted with Eland Safaris and it was a great experience.
                  That’s not a bad price at all

Comment

I know some hunt on a budget better than other. Turn key Africa trip for me was around $45k - $50k. Animals fees - $10k, Aifare (4)- $8k, Daily fees (10 days) - $5k, taxidermy and shipping - $20k, tips and other - $5k.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                      I know some hunt on a budget better than other. Turn key Africa trip for me was around $45k - $50k. Animals fees - $10k, Aifare (4)- $8k, Daily fees (10 days) - $5k, taxidermy and shipping - $20k, tips and other - $5k.

Granted I had a couple of large animals, but only a total of 9. As you can see by the invoice all the taxidermy work is fair, it just adds up quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang I keep coming back to this post. We have left a 2000.00 deposit with another outfitter, but the buddy I was going with, and my self lost interest and have not talked in a while. If I could only get that back, I could maybe make this happen someday. But then reading the last post, freaks me out, and makes me say nooooo I don't need to go. My self control, may get out of control. Can't wait to here the stories and see everyone's pictures. Please keep track of how much the total trip cost some of you.

Comment

Just something else for you budget-minded folks to think about when considering an African safari... There are ways to still enjoy your trophies from the hunt, and not have to break the bank on taxidermy.

It's great if you can plan and budget for having most, if not all, of your trophy animals mounted. We had that plan on our first safari thinking it would be a "once in a lifetime" experience and we would never likely get to go back. That was 6 safaris ago....That said, lots of clients, especially repeat ones, are having more Euro mounts done rather than full taxidermy. Many also opt to have their flat skins rugged or made into pillows, rifle slings, gun case, belts etc.... These are much more economical options where you can still have a great memory made from your trophy animals and not break the bank.

I have also had several other clients have their skulls & horns done as Euros to enjoy immediately upon receiving them, and then had the capes dip & packed to be tanned at a later time. Once the cape is tanned, it can be saved indefinitely until you are ready to have a mount done. This way the option is always there to have your animal mounted in the future. If not, you still have the Euros of the skull/horns and you can do any number of different thing from the tanned capes.

I have personally used Trophy Pro SA on my last 4 safaris. In addition to dip & pack, they have made us all sorts of curios and leather goods from our hides including rugs, rifle cases & slings, and gaiters. They do excellent work at a very reasonable price. They do an especially great job with tanning. If you have your tanning done there, I can assure you that it will be much cheaper in Africa versus having your items dip & packed, shipped, and then tanned here in the USA.

Comment

To be frank, it seems everybody here is quoting South Africa costs. Almost all of the operations are High fence hunts.

If you are wanting to hunt low fence, you are going to have to look at countries like Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Mozambique.

I won’t bore you with Tanzania costs, as there are only a elite fee willing to spend six figures on a safari. Most of these other countries, if you only intend to hunt plains game, I would plan on it being 25k all said and done. If adding in dangerous game, assume 35k+.

It is a steep jump to hunt Africa and move outside of South Africa. Frankly I don’t know anybody that has hunted low fence for buffalo and other game for less than 35k all said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by firehunt fish View Post
                              Just something else for you budget-minded folks to think about when considering an African safari... There are ways to still enjoy your trophies from the hunt, and not have to break the bank on taxidermy.

It's great if you can plan and budget for having most, if not all, of your trophy animals mounted. We had that plan on our first safari thinking it would be a "once in a lifetime" experience and we would never likely get to go back. That was 6 safaris ago....That said, lots of clients, especially repeat ones, are having more Euro mounts done rather than full taxidermy. Many also opt to have their flat skins rugged or made into pillows, rifle slings, gun case, belts etc.... These are much more economical options where you can still have a great memory made from your trophy animals and not break the bank.

I have also had several other clients have their skulls & horns done as Euros to enjoy immediately upon receiving them, and then had the capes dip & packed to be tanned at a later time. Once the cape is tanned, it can be saved indefinitely until you are ready to have a mount done. This way the option is always there to have your animal mounted in the future. If not, you still have the Euros of the skull/horns and you can do any number of different thing from the tanned capes.

I have personally used Trophy Pro SA on my last 4 safaris. In addition to dip & pack, they have made us all sorts of curios and leather goods from our hides including rugs, rifle cases & slings, and gaiters. They do excellent work at a very reasonable price. They do an especially great job with tanning. If you have your tanning done there, I can assure you that it will be much cheaper in Africa versus having your items dip & packed, shipped, and then tanned here in the USA.
                              This. I am moving to euro mounts on my next safari simply because I'm out of wall space. Trophy pro has done two really nice zebra rugs for me at a fraction of what it would cost in the us. I get everything else tanned there and just keep it in my closet until I decide what I'm doing with it. Keeps the cost down. You can also shoot more animals than you think. Just depends on the animals. Warthogs and Impala are fairly cheap. You can shoot a lot of them for the price of a Kudu. Not to mention Baboons and guinea fowl. Those are both free at my outfitter as is night hunting for porcupine, honey badger, civet and genet cats. If you plan well you can shoot a ton of things for not much money, just not the big stuff. Example, Sable for about $8K or Warthog for about $500. That's 1 animal for $8K or 16, up to you

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                                X