No announcement yet.

Backing a boat at the launch funny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to take great pride with the rapidness of my boat loading and unloading skills. I enjoy being able to back in, load and leave before the boat next to mine touches the water.

Now I let my wife back the trailer. More often than not she gets the 'muttering from the peanut gallery' But when the trailer rolls straight as an arrow the men shut their faces

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      Lots of pressure when you are new to it. We were in the launch line with a bunch of guides down at the coast one morning. I had to back the boat down the ramp because my buddy messed up his neck and couldn't turn his head. I've done it a few times but I'm not super proficient at it. As my turn came I could feel the pressure - I knew those guides would have little patience. I had to make 3 stabs at it before I got it in - I could hear them muttering.

You don´t need to turn your head, you just use the mirrors...
      in theory this is

Comment

Originally posted by AHF View Post
        You don´t need to turn your head, you just use the mirrors...
        in theory this is
        Once you learn to use mirrors its some much easier!!

Comment

One of the funniest was on Buchanan. Lady was trying to back a smaller boat trailer down Llano County ramp. As anybody know the shorter the trailer the harder to back. She was struggling but was making progress. The drunk husband/boyfriend was being a jackass calling her all kind of bad names. Well this redneck hefty chick had enough and stopped about half way down got out of the truck, unhitched the trailer and drove off. The trailer rolled into the lake and drunk guy almost started crying.

Comment

My inlaws beach house is 50 yards from the boat ramp by the Galveston North Jetty. Not only do we get entertainment on people backing their boats in, but we get equal or greater entertainment watching people try to get their boat out of that little boat ramp. Its a sharp 90 degree turn with rocks on both sides. I've seen a Skeeter bass boat run up into the rocks 4 times before he finally got it out of there. When they came back ole boy just jumped out and swam it into the ramp.

Comment

Lmao!

Comment

I'm ok with the people that has to pull forward to get there boat in the water.

What gets me is when they get it in the water after being in line for a while they unload the truck in to the boat then with the family in the boat they leave truck on the ramp to park boat at dock then go park the truck.

Comment

This stuff only happens on weekends, weekdays are for the real warriors!

Comment

This thread reminds me of the time I went goose hunting at Lake Lanier with a buddy.

It was 0dark30 and the temp was in the 20's.

I backed his Chevy 2500 with the jon boat on the trailer down into the lake as he sat in the boat. I don't recall why, but the boat wouldn't float or push off the trailer and we couldn't back the truck in anymore because the ramp was short(that lake can be 20+ feet below full pool, Atlanta drinks it dry).

I told Kevin to hold tight. I was going to back it down fast and slam on the brakes. The boat should slide right off.

The tailgate was open because I couldn't see the little boat in the mirrors. I blasted down the ramp and slammed on the brakes. The boat went flying off the trailer and all was good...except all the tools in the back of his truck also went flying...right into the dark cold water.

It was a cold ordeal trying to find all those tools with a flashlight. I guess we should have just waited until the hunt was over and got them on the way out.

There were not many geese on our assigned island(Corp lake) but we did get 1 each. When we got back to the ramp there were about 200 geese there grazing on the grass.

Comment

Earlier in the spring my wife and I were returning to Lufkin from Conroe and pulled off at the HWY 94 boat ramp at White Rock Creek cause the baby needed a diaper change. While we were there a few kids late high school maybe early college arrived in a lifted F250 platinum towing a single jet ski. The entertainment soon followed as they attempted to launch said jet ski down a single narrow ramp. I think both guys tried multiple times and I almost got out and asked if they needed help but they finally got it. All the while the 2 girls they had with them just stood and watched...pretty embarrassing, but I thought it was hilarious!

Comment

I could write 2 pages on this spring alone. And I don't fish on weekends. [emoji44]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Hilarious!

Comment

well after bowfishing for 20 years and being at some very bad boat ramps at night I've seen some crazy stuff, shirtless rednecks pulling guns on us, very drunk large women wading all the way to their neck trying to go fishing with us, pulling up to the boat ramp to find a very skinny white guy having relations with a very large woman of color,words were exchanged LOL.coming across a tatted up ex con cooking meth.
                            But I think my favorite is when a buddy of mine's strap broke on his airboat it fall off the trailer at 60 mph on the middle of 610, he make a circle and proceeds to dry load it in the middle of the highway LOL !

Comment

I get in the boat and Jennie backs us down the ramp. One of the first things I taught her when we were dating.....ONE of the first things.

Comment

I tell you, right after I got the boat I have now I had the darndest time launching. The lip at the bow would hang up on the winch. Took it out for the third time and the kid loading next to me (was so polite) said, “excuse me sir but if you pull forward to where your trailer is only half submerged, it will be much easier.” All I can say is the kid was right. All I’ve had before is john boats and you all but toss them off. Glad I listened to him! Now, no problem at all. I’m just blessed to have pulled a trailer more miles in reverse before I had my license than most people will ever tow going forward [emoji6]... I feel for the guy getting his butt chewed by his girl because he can’t backup a trailer!

Our last trip out, after several attempts, a young corn fed girl pushed her man-boy out of the drivers seat and launched their boat like a pro. Would have given her a beer but I didn’t feel like going to jail. Oh boy had his head down the entire time she motored them off 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X