No announcement yet.

Backing a boat at the launch funny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I’m old and decrepit, I’m gonna go hang out at a boat ramp for my form of entertainment.

Comment

One time we were waiting on a couple with a new boat and Tahoe to load. Well the husband backed the trailer half way down the ramp. He sets the parking brake and then goes gets in the boat so the wife can back the trailer into the water. 10 mins go by and she still hadn’t moved. He yells up at her what are you doing? She gets a attitude and yells “ I’m trying to find the @&$?!”?$ parking brake. About that time she realeases it and the new Tahoe takes off down the ramp. I never laughed so hard in my life

Comment

And that my friends is why I sold my boat. Launching at a public ramp and dealing with the rude inebriated boaters was no fun. Just last weekend a gentleman drowned on Conroe when their fishing boat was swamped by the wake of a larger boat.

Comment

I just can't believe this wasn't an actual video of the exact thing happening.

Comment

HAHAHA, love it!!! I used to get so stressed at the launch before I became "good" at launching...

Comment

Doesn’t the new ford come with trailer backing assist ?
              Now we know why !!

Comment

lol. I wasn't expecting that ending

Comment

I have seen some real dozys on Buchanan. Never gets old.

Comment

My parents have a bay house and it's a blast on a holiday weekend to just grab a six pack, hop in the golf car and drive down to the local public launch.

You really just don't know what you will see. The funniest I've seen thus far..

- Couple families decided it would be a good idea to have a BBQ and swim party at the county ramp. Let's not forget this is mid-day and there are literally dozens of boats trying to load up from a day of fishing or whatever. Boats had to idle around these idiots and even almost run them over to get out of the ramp area. Many curse words were thrown around. The funniest thing about it is these swimmers didn't seem to have a clue why people were upset at them.

- Jet skiers are great too. Tough to steer at idle speeds and seen a few panic trying to line up with the trailer. Funny thing is, rather than killing the engine, they panic and hammer down!

- Husband and wife pairs can be hilarious as well. This typically involves the guy shouting expletives to the women who is utterly incapable of assisting with the launch process.

Don't get me wrong. I've assisted many people that needed a little help. It's hilarious to see many of these antics though.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                      I watched a guy at the ramp last yr trying to pull out his boat, not strap the eye hook down. He pulled out and the boat slid off the trailer onto the ramp. If I had my old phone I had some great pictures. I actually helped him get it back on the trailer. It took me and 5 other guys to do it
                      I grew up in Lake Jackson and we used to hit the Armadillo Ballroom pretty often back in the day. We stopped at that gas station with the car wash at 332 and 2004 before leaving LJ and while filling the truck up, a guy at the stop light took off and his 20+ foot Gulf Coast didn't go with him, slid right off the trailer and onto 332. My buddies and I sprinted out to the road and helped him get it back on the trailer, luckily we had enough manpower. Hadn't thought about that in years!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                        HAHAHA, love it!!! I used to get so stressed at the launch before I became "good" at launching...
                        Lots of pressure when you are new to it. We were in the launch line with a bunch of guides down at the coast one morning. I had to back the boat down the ramp because my buddy messed up his neck and couldn't turn his head. I've done it a few times but I'm not super proficient at it. As my turn came I could feel the pressure - I knew those guides would have little patience. I had to make 3 stabs at it before I got it in - I could hear them muttering.

Comment

Funny!!!

Comment

Thank God for 4 lane boat ramps. Whats sad is the folks that have to use all 4 lanes to get down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We're gonna be on the internet...

Comment

ha

Comment

Working...
                                X